Vibes Check before Porting

Roundhouse
Novice II

I read an older post stating a new Vis member has up to 30 days to port request their current number. I'm excited to save the cash on unlimited but wanna check things out before bringing my number over.  Is this info still good?

4 REPLIES 4

I am not 100% sure but I think the 30 day limit to port in is related to promos that have that disclosure written into them. I started with Visible on a new number so not sure the port procedure. Just don't check or say you are porting in, just select a new number. If you decide to port you would then need to contact customer service and have them do the port. 

Also, if you have an iPhone or eligible android phone the is eSIM capable you can try Visible with the 15 day free trial, it is the base plan so depending on traffic/congestion on the towers in your area data speeds could be slow to nonexistent. If you want to try the Visible plus plan that you would need to order a month of.  If you want a pSIM for the base plan it is shipped snail mail(USPS) while a pSIM for the plus plan is sent by 2 day shipping.

Sounds good.  Your advice will be my working hypothesis  and when my pSIM arrives this week the testing begins on a new number.   If all goes well,  I'll request the port,  and if they can't do it at that point,  I'll close the account and start fresh with the port upfront.  Thank you very much!

You're welcome and good luck!

I enjoyed the service,  so I went all in with my number.  Providing chat support with the phone#, acct#, port-out pin and zip code was what they needed to get it done in about 10 mins. Just following up in case this could help someone,  and thanks again for the info you shared,  ace =]