Apple Watch Tips

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

This message is designed as a quick one stop to get tips on using the Apple Watch with Visible cellular. I will keep the Solution updated and credit the authors when possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

1. If your iPhone Display Zoom is set to Larger Text, select Default during Cellular activation.

iPhone Settings - Display and Brightness - Default

2. From Visible Support, not verified

“Oh I want to tell you one thing that you can't add a apple watch in the mid of the billing cycle, this is because to keep a sync in between your device and the apple watch. … You can add your Apple Watch during the last two days of the billing cycle”

3. If you can not scroll to the bottom of acceptance screens during activation, try this. Verified. Thank you jsword and Smurfeater.

iPhone Settings - Accessibility - Voice Control. Once setup, a blue microphone icon will appear on top of phone when it is listening. Just say “scroll down” and it will take you to the bottom of the page.

4. To receive SMS, MMS or push notifications from third-party apps on your GPS + Cellular Apple Watch, your paired iPhone must be turned on and connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile data network, but it doesn't need to be nearby. You also need to be signed in to iMessage on your iPhone to use Messages on your watch. Your Apple Watch can process iMessages without the iPhone, just not SMS text messages by itself.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT205547    Note#2

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

1. If your iPhone Display Zoom is set to Larger Text, select Default during Cellular activation.

iPhone Settings - Display and Brightness - Default

2. From Visible Support, not verified

“Oh I want to tell you one thing that you can't add a apple watch in the mid of the billing cycle, this is because to keep a sync in between your device and the apple watch. … You can add your Apple Watch during the last two days of the billing cycle”

3. If you can not scroll to the bottom of acceptance screens during activation, try this. Verified. Thank you jsword and Smurfeater.

iPhone Settings - Accessibility - Voice Control. Once setup, a blue microphone icon will appear on top of phone when it is listening. Just say “scroll down” and it will take you to the bottom of the page.

4. To receive SMS, MMS or push notifications from third-party apps on your GPS + Cellular Apple Watch, your paired iPhone must be turned on and connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile data network, but it doesn't need to be nearby. You also need to be signed in to iMessage on your iPhone to use Messages on your watch. Your Apple Watch can process iMessages without the iPhone, just not SMS text messages by itself.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT205547    Note#2

You can, in fact, add an Apple Watch in the middle of the billing cycle.  You just pay pro-rated fee for the rest of the month.  The full $5 gets added to your payment at the next billing cycle.

Yoni
Novice II

If anyone has an issue with their visible watch not working then please feel free to pm me by clicking my emoji name scrolling down and then clicking send a message and I would gladly send you my step by step instructions on how to potentially fix it.

The community won’t let me post the fix - I’m not sure why.

Sent you a PM

What is your fix?