Billed first month Immediately after activation

scgray67
Novice II

I activated my Visible service on Sept 20th. Immediately, my credit card was charged $30 for one month of phone service. Per Help Center, it seems to state that this charge should have occurred one month from activation. Am I reading this incorrectly or not understanding the charge as phone service for the month? Anyone else have this occur? 

From Help Center, found this:

Q: When are my payments due? When is my bill cycle date? 
A: Your first monthly payment is due one calendar month from the date your service is activated. For example, if you activate your service on 8/5, your payments will occur every month on the 5th. This date is your bill cycle date. Payments are due by the end of day on the bill cycle date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scgray67
Novice II

FYI/Resolved- I was able to connect with customer support via chat. I was told Visible is pre paid service and immediate charge is correct.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

scgray67
Novice II

FYI/Resolved- I was able to connect with customer support via chat. I was told Visible is pre paid service and immediate charge is correct.

alinabo12
Novice

I just paid my first bill of $203.37 (Ouch :/) and had a quick question I hope can be accurately answered. I understand after this bill, I will be regularly be charged around $81.43 - $84 (estimate) a month. What I noticed on this first bill was that it was calendar 2023 charged one month in advance, which is normal. My question is what happens now when this bill in November arrives? Would it be less since I paid the month in advance? If not, what exactly happens?