Call forwarding *71 not working

Limey
Novice III

On my iPhone when I use the keypad *71 then number to setup call forwarding it doesn’t work. All I get is a busy type tone and call ends. 
The call forwarding setting with the iPhone doesn’t do anything either. The wheel just spins. I’d like to forward unanswered calls to my Google voice number. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Nice to hear the call forwarding is working for you.

I am not sure on the two missed call notifications.  Have you tried restarting your phone and checking to make sure that there is not forwarding set up on the google account back to your phone?  Could it be with voicemail notification calling back to your visible number?  Grasping at things here....

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

After searching some pervious posts in the community have a couple questions:

1) Assuming the number you are dialing after pressing *71 is the 10 digit number of where you are trying to forward the calls (google voice) and not your visible phone number?

2) According to pervious posts, it should work, as long as your google voice number is domestic.  The only thing you hear is a tone, then the call ends.  Have you tested it to check to see if it is working?

Reference Post: https://community.visible.com/t5/Help-Forum/Call-Forward-Missing-How-to/td-p/7637

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

It seems to be working now. But I have another unfortunate issue. I have asked two people to call my number to test. And it works. However on both occasions my phone rings like it should since I’m not answering it. But the phone rings and rings as it should but then starts to ring and rang again. iPhone shows two missed calls for each but they never called me twice. 

Hi - is it possible to do call forwarding without using the phone? My phone is broken and will be getting another in a day or two. Would like any calls routed to the house (Google number).

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Nice to hear the call forwarding is working for you.

I am not sure on the two missed call notifications.  Have you tried restarting your phone and checking to make sure that there is not forwarding set up on the google account back to your phone?  Could it be with voicemail notification calling back to your visible number?  Grasping at things here....

What I find strange is if I turn the switch “do not disturb “ on my Google voice mail app then it doesn’t double call me. 

it's *72, NOT *71