Can't connect to hotspot

Blahsarablah
Novice

I am on the visible unlimited plan. I recently got a new phone and am trying to connect to my Hotspot for the first time. When I go to turn it on a pop up appears that says "checking subscription status" and then disappears. After multiple times of this, my hotspot finally turns on, however I then can't find it in my networks list on my laptop.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

You didn't mention what phone your are using. Far an android phone go to setting, then click on network & internet settings, then hotspot & tethering, tap wi-fi hotspot, make sure hide my device in not checked. That would be the only thing I can think of that would block you from not seeing it on another device.

If you have an iPhone, maybe another user can help.

phylament
Novice II

I have the same problem with my Moto Stylus 5G 2021. Hotspot worked perfect with a Moto G7 but got the new phone and won't work. I contacted support chat on 1/10/23 and they couldn't fix it. I am still waiting for a fix from upper tier support.

I did notice when I try turning on Wi-Fi Hotspot and get the error pop-up box, if I just tap the home button the hotspot stays on. My TV or laptop connects to the wi-fi but there is no Internet connection. If I click the ok button in the error pop-up, the wi-fi hotspot turns itself off. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Well, after almost 2 weeks support closed the case saying I need to contact Motorola to fix the issue and that there is no issue on their end. Guess I will have to switch carriers.

jelaminator
Novice II

I just began using Visible, I am on the basic plan and on my iPhone 12 mini I am using hotspot with no issues. 

302svt
Novice

My moto stylus does the thing. No help from the provider.

302svt
Novice

Mine does the same thing. N0 help from Visable either. 

On a Motorola phone go to wi-fi hotspot and look to see if extend capability is turned on to use 2.4GHz hotspot. If I have mine turned off to use 5GHz hotspot when I try to use my laptop it won't even show my hotspot on the wi-fi list. But if I turn it on to use 2.4GHz it will show up.

I do run into the issue of it sometime can't detect hotspot with the same "checking subscription status" message but that is due to me having such a weak signal(1 bar). If I move the phone around the house to pick up 2 bars then it connects without issue.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.