Can't receive incoming calls

comfortablynumb
Novice II

Ported a number from Verizon to my existing Visible account today. Data works, outgoing calls work. Incoming calls either get a busy signal, silence, or "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you have called has been changed or disconnected." Customer Care chat tried to re-provision the e-sim, didn't work.

Edit: chat person escalated to "Tier 2." They better not lose my number. 

4 REPLIES 4

KuyaDave
Novice II

I have been dealing with this since yesterday and the rep couldn't comprehend English 

2hours of dealing with waiting and dealing with him and a hour prior trying everything.

I've been waiting for a que for 1hr now with no change.

When people try to call it's instantly disconnected without ringing.

Visible gets a -500 rating from me so far.

comfortablynumb
Novice II

Update for anyone interested:

Never received a response from "Tier 2." I need to be able to accept incoming calls for business, so I ported my number to Boost for their $100/year plan on ATT's network. Then, I opened a new Visible Plus account with a randomly assigned number and use it for my cellular data. In effect, voice on ATT, data on Verizon. Interestingly, the Visible randomly assigned number ALSO cannot receive incoming calls, although that's irrelevant to me since I only care about the data. Visible has a LOT of work to do.

ricos
Novice II

I too switched from regular Verizon to Visible, same problem: can receive calls (but seem to be able to place them and data seems to work). Been disconnected or times out from Visible's chat-based help twice. Once was getting somewhere, but what they instructed me to do disconnected me from the chat and now I'm back in line. About to give up and go elsewhere. Had Verizon for 20 years, their prices kept going up while service declined, I should have expected the same here from there low-rent spinoff!

ricos
Novice II

Yup, exact same problem: can't receive calls (outgoing and data seem okay). Had been with Verizon for almost 20 years, sick of their rising prices decreasing service. Should have known better than to think that their low-rent spin off would be any better. Been trying to get tech help all day long, you'd think they'd at least put a small priority on getting new customers started? Timed out or disconnected form two chats. Once when the agent instructed be to do something that rest the phone I was chatting from (no warning or way to reconnect) back in the infinite queue once again!