Filed a Complaint with BBB and State Attorney General Consumer Affairs

PawsterNash

On 9/23/2024, I began an account with Visible Wireless, and I was charged on 10/4/2024 for 1
year of service at $275. I needed to port out the current number and port in an existing number
from another carrier. I contacted Visible support and they gave me the instructions to port out the
number. I followed their instructions, but when the port was complete on 10/22/2024, Visible
had closed my account. They never told me this would happen.

I opened a new account to port in the existing number, but when I contacted support again, they refused to either refund the remaining balance on my annual plan, or credit the new account with this amount. I elevated it to the highest levels, and they told me the only thing I could do was dispute the charge with my
bank. I paid for an annual plan, but was only allowed to use it for less the 1 month.

I have now filed a complaint with the BBB and with the TN State Attorney General's Office of Consumer Affairs, seeking a refund for the remaining 11 months of service, or $252.

It is difficult to believe that a business believes it is more worthwhile to steal $252 from a new customer than to keep that customer long-term.

3 REPLIES 3

Roundhouse
Novice III

I like the savings we get, but it's also too bad we each don't have an account manager whose job is to see issues like yours fixed within their client group.

Wishing you the best getting a resolution from your card vendor (they do this stuff all the time), and thanks for sharing so others can use this knowledge.  I hope your frustrating situation doesn't read as intentional fraud to those not paying attention to life on a barebones provider.

Roundhouse
Novice III

***Read to recent posts from you (lol while tired) and cross-posted.***

Was you card-issuers not able to resolve this stuff for you without needing to press it further?  Feels surprising.  In any case best wishes (again).

DeanKevin64
Ace II

If you had read the TOS it states there are no refunds if you port out. According to you other post you parted out your number in order to port in another number. But, apparently you didn't realize what the TOS said and once you ported out you forfeited your remaining balance.

It would have been better if you had contacted customer service to see if they could have changed numbers if you were keeping the one you had on Visible. 

Hopefully you get your refund but I don't it will go in your favor because of the terms set by Visible. Good luck!