02-11-2022 12:41 PM
As near as I can tell, the IMEI is just a fingerprint that identifies the phone. Why would a phone listed as compatible with the service be not compatible based on the IMEI?
Is there any way to know if the IMEI number will be compatible in the future?
P.S. the system keeps auto-rejecting this message. No highlighted errors to correct.
02-14-2022 09:40 AM
All in all, pretty disappointing. I got this phone as it was listed as compatible only to have it rejected. Will visible pick up this (I guess) version of the phone eventually?
02-14-2022 12:29 PM
Not entirely sure.
Couple things that come to mind:
1) Could the phone be locked to another carrier? (Outstanding payment plan or enough time hasn't passed since purchasing) I think all carriers lock their phones when purchase from a carrier to a provider for a certain amount of time.
2) If you bought it from a private party maybe the phone was reported as stolen and had the IMEI locked? Or see #1 above, enough time hasn't passed form initial purchase to be unlocked?
3) Also if it is a 'budget' phone could there be a sub model number that maybe excludes it from Visible?
Maybe reach out to chat with the IMEI number to see if they can give additional information on why it is not working?
I know if you try signing up for a new account, pending the phone it asks for the IEMI number to let you know if it is compatible.
02-14-2022 02:12 PM
Thank you for answering.
1) The phone was purchased outright and is unlocked. (confirmed with vendor)
2) The phone is new.
3) At $799, it sure doesn't feel like a budget phone.
4) Chatted with Visible + IMEI number. No joy. (I think they just used the same web check page)
Thanks for the information & questions.
02-15-2022 03:46 AM
I am not sure then, just my quick off thoughts on it. What model phone is it?
I had a co-worker that tried to sign up with a Samsung phone that he purchased through another "value" provider, cannot remember the name right now. The phone wasn't that old and was almost identical to another phone he had except it had an extra letter in the model number. That phone was not compatible with Visible either, maybe you are running into the same thing?
02-16-2022 08:50 AM
Probably true. I would note, though, that the phone is listed as a compatible one in Visible's list, and that the model number, and IMEI number, were not available to me when I ordered the phone.
02-16-2022 09:26 AM
There is another thread going on, that a similar person was having the same issue. They reached out to chat to ask for help/clarification and upon doing so, the phone was suddenly changed to compatible. Very similar situation to yours.
Have you tried reaching out to visible support via chat?
02-16-2022 09:29 AM
I did reach out to the chat to ask this question. They also told me that it was not compatible. I'll try CSR (Customer Service Roulette) and see if I get a different answer.