Help - No service after importing phone number from T Mobile

DConn
Novice II

I have an i phone 14 unlocked.  Opened new visible account on e sim while keeping my T Mobile account active on the other e sim.  So I had two carriers and two phone numbers before transferring my number from T Mobile to Visible.  I had service for both numbers. My number from T Mobile was successfully transferred to Visible and is now associated with my Visible account - the phone number that I was initially provided when setting up the Visible account is no longer active.   Now I am unable to get any cellular service.  I tried deleting the e-sim used to set up my account with visible which was associated with the temporary number.  The remaining e-sim is associated with the the number I transferred from T Mobile and is active, but still shows T-Mobile as the carrier.  How do I get this fixed?  Thanks!   

1 REPLY 1

DConn
Novice II

I figured it out.  My number had moved over to Visible, but was still linked to T Mobile on my phone.  I deleted both e-SIMs and then activated one via the the Visible app as if I was switching to Visible for the first time and service works great.  Hope this is useful for someone.