High speed data cap?

Does anyone know the high speed data cap on the base plan? I’ve been 50gbs on the plus plan but nothing on the base plan.

12 REPLIES 12

There is no cap at all you could use 400 gig nothing is going to happen, the reason why there is no cap because visible is owned by Verizon and it doesn't cost them money every gig versus other carriers have to pay for each gig 

Anonymous
Not applicable

In a nutshell, there is no data cap on the base Visible Plan. Your traffic is simply prioritized behind others during times of heavy network usage.

The Visible+ plan gives you 50GB not being subject to prioritization - i.e. premium data is data not subjected to prioritization.

The topic is covered along with other limitations at: https://www.visible.com/legal/legal-disclosures

You do have a cap on the $30 but that cap is on all Data, it's caped to 200mbps, I never reached this amount with visible I think they cap it much more 

Anonymous
Not applicable

200 Mbps is not a data cap that's  a speed cap for the Visible and Visible Unlimited Plans when on 5G.

Visible+ is 5G speed is capped at 5 Gbps.

FWIW, in ISP-speak, "Unlimited" only refers to the amount of data you may use. Use as much as you want subject to other limitations based on plans being offered.

jwhitaker80
Intermediate

There isn’t the 50GB premium data on the base plan. The base plan has 0GB premium data. It’s all subject to being deprioritized, unlike the + plan.

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Here is the summary:

Visible (base) Plan -> No premium data -> de-prioritized data -> No cap on data volume -> Speed capped at 200 mbps for 5G data -> $30/month

Visible+ Plan -> 50 GB priority/premium data -> after exhausting 50 GB unlimited de-prioritized data -> No cap on data volume -> Speed capped at 5 gbps for 5G data (25x higher cap than base plan) -> $45/month

P.S: Please mark this as solution if it helped you.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

What is the difference between the old plan and the new $30 plan.

To me they are the same but I am now getting slow downs of my data that is useless. Even zero data at times when I use the app "SpeedTest".

aVISIBLEuser
Novice

I was just told by a chat rep that my basic visible plan gives me 50gb of normal/high speeds then begins throttling after that. sometimes they don't throttle immediately and you might go all the way to 100gb or even more but usually they throttle me after the 50+ GBs. Sometimes I go way over 50gb and I get throttled at the end of my cycle like the last week. I've had service for almost a year. I was thinking of switching to Visible+ but then found out it's the same as the basic. They throttle you after 50gb too. Only difference is they give you high speed the whole time, whereas the basic plan slows here n there during high traffic. Then at night it picks up again. I'm sticking to basic.

The terms have changed since last year and @upstate-SC  was correct at the time he replied. The chat rep is wrong. It's all spelled out in great detail at:

https://www.visible.com/legal/legal-disclosures

Look under the "Important Information about Visible’s Plans and Broadband Internet Access Services" section. Those legal disclosures are required by the FCC.

But there are some distinct advantages to Visible+ particularly if located in a 5G  UW coverage area.

Well what the chat rep said is exactly what's been happening to me. Everytime I hit 50gb I get throttled until my next billing cycle begins. It's been this way for a year. As we speak I'm being throttled till tomorrow (30th is my renew date). I'm on the basic plan. Every 50gb my speeds slow to like 5kbs. its so bad I can't even login to the visible app sometimes. and it won't improve till the 30th.

I read the link you posted and while it says one thing I'm telling you what's actually happening in real time.

My phone is a Pixel 7 Pro (carrier unlocked model).

Then you should chat again and point them toward their own legal disclosures.

Visible doesn't throttle anything except hotspot usage (if detected) and video streaming (again if detected).

On Visible everything else is de-prioritized at all times during peak usage. That's the way it works for me in real time 24/7/365  as well as others here. I've also used as much as 300 GB per month on some occasion with speeds ranging between 10 Mbps and 50 Mbps.

On Visible+ that deprioritization doesn't kick in until 50 GB usage and if on 5G UW there is no prioritization. 

yea I hear you.

yea Visible has been throttling me everytime after I reach 50gb usage since 11 months ago. I religiously track my data usage. Like I said, sometimes they won't throttle till 60gb or sometimes over 100gb, but they always place a throttle on me till next billing cycle. Most of the time they throttle me right around 52 or 53gb on average.

So today I chatted with a guy who confirmed I'm being throttled on my basic plan after 50gb of de-prioritized data is used up.

As I speak my data speeds (for the last 4 or 5 days) have been somewhere around 5kbs. jumps slightly to 11kbs or 15 but stays at 5kbs for days. Happens every month. I think I'm going to try the Visible+ plan for a couple months. See if data doesn't slow to a permanent 5kbs after 50gb usage. I'll be changing my plan tonight at midnight (30th).