Motorola G Power

Melanderthal
Novice

I have model XT2041 dash 4 that I switched to MINT mobile from verizon a couple of months back.  My assumption is this should be compatible.  According to the checker it says my IMEI number is not compatible; However, the AI agent in chat says I am compatible.  What gives?  Yes or no?

1 REPLY 1

It is a 2020 model so it would not even be in the IMEI database. It not be fully functional on the Visible network either. Visible does not play nice with Motorola that had not been purchased from Visible, not sure if that has changed. I joined Visible in 2021 and bought a Motorola G Power 2021 from them, they were on a cloud based system back then. When they upgraded to the Verizon core system two years ago they pretty much wiped out the IMEI database for Motorola phones prior to the 2022 model year. That deemed my 2021 model not compatible, when I upgraded to the new system I had bought a 2022 G Power to be compliant but when the card showed up for the new system I put it in the 2021 and activated it and it worked fine. Older models of Pixel, Samsung and Motorola have reported issues such as wi-fi calling, no data and maybe even hotspot not working. You can maybe get your phone to work but the only way to get a pSIM shipped to you is to lie to the system and say you have an iPhone 10 and get a pSIM shipped to you but will jt actually work. not sure. If you have any issues with service customer service can deny helping you if you are using an unapproved device, they told me that word for word. They will ask for an IMEI number at some point during help.