Report spam or junk messages with iOS 16 not available?

stt101
Novice

In ‌iOS 16‌, Apple has added the ability to report SMS/MMS messages as junk in the Messages app. This represents an expansion of the built-in "Report Junk" feature in Messages that previously only let you report blue bubble iMessages.

It seems that with Visible as a carrier....I am unable to do this:

To report a message from an unknown sender as junk on an iPhone running ‌iOS 16, simply navigate to the message and tap the blue Report Junk option that appears below it. Then simply tap Delete and Report Junk in the pop-over to confirm.

The option doesn't exist.  Apple support states, "If you don’t see the option to report spam or junk messages you receive with SMS or MMS, contact your carrier.

Ergo...here I am.  🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jwhitaker80
Intermediate

I saw this option today for the first time on an SMS message. I didn’t try the report junk as I knew where the text came from. FYI, I am on 16.1 beta 1.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jwhitaker80
Intermediate

I saw this option today for the first time on an SMS message. I didn’t try the report junk as I knew where the text came from. FYI, I am on 16.1 beta 1.

That's hopeful, perhaps in iOS16.1 they will include more carriers.

rbsoh
Novice III

I use to have it on T-Mobile, then when I switch to visible that option went away 

nrocks
Novice

Yes it is. You can check the reference link and got your answer.

https://support.apple.com/en-gu/guide/iphone/iph203ab0be4/ios