Shouldn't I be getting 5G?

DavePinMinn
Intermediate

Visible Moto 5G, couple months old.  It's for data phone use, so only need it when traveling - at which it sucks so far.

I've used this at home where there's supposed to be Verizon a few blocks away.  I've used it on the road around nearby towns.  And this weekend I tried it between Rochester MN and home.  I've never seen it show ANYTHING in 5G. 

Performance is NO BETTER than the ancient ZTE Blade A7 I used for several years.  The Blade was always mediocre at best, even with the router hack if it saw 6mbps occasionally, it was RARE.

And this new Moto 5G is no better than the old ZTE.

The interface on the Moto is "sparse" - very few controls.  It doesn't appear to be able to use a router, just limit the number of connnections in the phone.  Does the old router hack even HELP the moto work any better?

SHOULD this Moto normally do SOMETHING in 5G?  Is there ANY to make sure this Moto even has a 5G Sim?  IS there such as thing as a "5g" Sim?  How would I tell?

There's not much control on this thing.  Hotspot & tethering is greyed out so only Wifi-hotspot is available (except bluetooth).  The Wi-fi hotspot has a button for "extend compatibility", that SAYS to "Turn off to use 5GHZ hotspot".  I've tried it BOTH ways.  Neither does ANYTHING. 

What am I missing?

• 5g
0 REPLIES 0