Text messages not sending/receiving to android friends

lalaland94
Novice

received my iphone 14 pro yesterday and cant send/receive text from my android friends but i can make calls to them? So irritating! 

8 REPLIES 8

GDB99
Novice

I just went back to Visible. I can't text to Andriod phones either.

GDB99
Novice

I can't text to an Andriod phone either. Now I remember why I left Visible before. Customer Service does not exist.

nysalsero77
Novice

same issue with same phone.   any resolution?  

yes go in and turn off imessages and send a message to someone on android then once they receive and send a message back and turn on imessages and then reply and see if it will deliver 

thanks I tried this.  they receive it but no luck getting an answer back. i realized that it goes beyond android users so maybe that's why i'm having larger issues.  i can't get any texts from my bank or email.  So it's texts in general.

I already tried reseting network connection, hard reboot, turning imessage off, airplane mode for a minute, confirmed data connection is on, turned off cellular in settings and back on, Latest ios firmware and have the latest visible app.  still nothing.  Ticket open and escalated so hopefully that will get it going.  

keroppiboy888
Novice II

I had a similar issue when I switched from an iPHone 11 to an iPhone 14 - I could text iOS friends and I could text Android friends, but I could not receive texts back from Android users.  After much experimentation, what worked for me finally was:

1) in Settings, under iMessage, I removed my phone number from receiving / sending texts

2) I turned off iMessage and restarted my phone

3) I was then able to receive texts from my Android friends!

4) I went back to Settings --> iMessage and added back my phone number to send/receive texts, and turned back on iMessage

5) I can now send and receive texts from both my iOS and Android friends  

(and btw, I also went into iMessage in my old phone and removed my phone number from there also before I did the above)

Not sure it will help everyone, but this worked for me!

keroppiboy888
Novice II

I had a similar problem after switching from my iphone 11 to iphone 14 (both under visible).  I could text and receive from my iOS friends, but I could only text (but not receive) from my Android friends.  After much experimentation, what worked for me was:

1) I went into Setting --> Imessage in my old phone and removed my phone number there and turned off iMessgage there

2) I went into Setting --> Imessage in my NEW phone and removed my phone number from receiving / sending texts in Imessage. Then I turned off Imessage 

3) I restarted my phone and then I could send and receive texts to my Android friends

4) I then went back into Setting --> Imessage in my NEW phone and added back my phone number to receive / sending texts in Imessage. Then I turned Imessage back on

Now it all works. I can send and receive texts to both my iOS and Android friends.  Not sure it will work for everyone, but worked for me and wanted to share.

Michelle_D
Novice

Tried this -- still doesn't allow me to send Texts to my in-laws (who have Android phones). Never had this problem on Verizon, so it's beyond me why I'm NOW having the issue.