Trade in value of Pixel 3

lee20859
Novice

I'm upgrading my Pixel 3 to Pixel 7, and wanted to trade in my Pixel 3 which is in good condition.  The estimated trade in value came to be $0.  Is it normal for the trade in value to be $0 at first, but later increase after it is received?  If after they receive it and determine it to be $0, will I get the option to have them send it back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

What it says is what the trade in value is, nothing more after sent in. I had to buy a new phone to upgrade to the new plan. I had a Motorola G Power 2021 I bought from Visible and not even two years later the trade in value is $15. Kind of sad paying over $200 for a phone that still work but not compatible and only getting that for it. Funny thing is that phone worked fine on the new plan and didn't need a new phone. Even though I am using a newer model I kept the old one for backup in case I break the new one. Certainly am not sending it back for a lousy $15.

You might want to check out Google and see if you can get a better deal on the Pixel you want. From my research it seems like an unlocked Pixel will pass the IMEI checker. Motorola on the other hand won't unless you buy it from Visible. I would check with google and see if you can get a better trqade in value or at least check them out and see if they have a better price then Visible.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

What it says is what the trade in value is, nothing more after sent in. I had to buy a new phone to upgrade to the new plan. I had a Motorola G Power 2021 I bought from Visible and not even two years later the trade in value is $15. Kind of sad paying over $200 for a phone that still work but not compatible and only getting that for it. Funny thing is that phone worked fine on the new plan and didn't need a new phone. Even though I am using a newer model I kept the old one for backup in case I break the new one. Certainly am not sending it back for a lousy $15.

You might want to check out Google and see if you can get a better deal on the Pixel you want. From my research it seems like an unlocked Pixel will pass the IMEI checker. Motorola on the other hand won't unless you buy it from Visible. I would check with google and see if you can get a better trqade in value or at least check them out and see if they have a better price then Visible.

rjniles
Superuser
Superuser

Pixel 3 was released in 2018. That is ancient in the smart phone world.

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

by smart phone standards you have a dinosaur ๐Ÿ™‚ 

FoxPaws
Novice

Try Amazon Trade-In (for amazon gift cards) or Gazelle (or any of the other trade in companies) for a comparison offer.   I know on my Pixel 4a 5g the VIsible offer was $10, but the Amazon offer was $50 - pretty easy guess which offer I accepted.