Tried to complete mandatory upgrade multiple times, always fails, now stuck in 2FA loop

dustinfreeman
Novice II

I'm an existing customer, using an iPhone SE. I have a pre-existing non-Visible number, with a physical SIM, and have had a functioning Visible eSIM for >2 years.

About 2-3 times per day over the past two weeks, I've tried to complete the mandatory upgrade. Each time I get to the final page, just after entering my credit card information, again, and then I get a "something has gone wrong" screen. I've tried typing the above into the the help chat, but either the human or automated chat isn't able to parse this, and sends me very automated responses.

Just today, I was able to get a bit farther, but then the mobile app logged me out. When I try to log back in, it attempts to send a 2FA SMS to my Visible number, but this never gets through, possibly because my upgrade is in some half-finished state. I have also tried to log in via a desktop browser (typing this up on one now), but it also tries to send a 2FA SMS I cannot receive.

I've tried deleting and re-installing the Visible app (to clear the local cache). I've tried restarting my phone. I've turned Airplane mode on and off. The issues still persist.

Please, Visible customer service, can I get some support so I can proceed with the "upgrade" you've required me to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dustinfreeman
Novice II

Situation is now resolved.

I messaged Visible on their facebook page. I cycled through 3 reps, they sent me 2 reset links, but still could not access my account. Finally, they just manually disabled 2FA, and I was able to log in, and install the eSIM.

End-to-End chat time: 50 minutes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI, this is a peer to peer forum and there are no customer service agents here.

On your desktop click the chat box on your account page, you don't need to be signed in. When the dialog box opens type agent or live agent this should get you past the chat bot, you might need to type it a couple times.

Unfortunately, on desktop every time I go to the account page I greeted by a 2FA pop-up I am unable to dismiss. I can see the live chat box, but I cannot click on it before the 2FA pop-up appears. After it appears, I am unable to click on the chat box.

I've spent about 2 hours on it this day alone. I might try messing around with the web console tomorrow morning so I can focus the chat box, but otherwise I'll be cancelling my Visible account. This is ridiculous. A completely avoidable situation on their part.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try going to visible.com instead of your account page, then click help tab. You can try Facebook messenger or Twitter, those icons can be found in the bottom right hand corner of this page.

dustinfreeman
Novice II

Situation is now resolved.

I messaged Visible on their facebook page. I cycled through 3 reps, they sent me 2 reset links, but still could not access my account. Finally, they just manually disabled 2FA, and I was able to log in, and install the eSIM.

End-to-End chat time: 50 minutes.