Wifi Calling won't start

midnightcyclist
Novice II

I have a Samsung s22 ultra with an esim.  When trying to activate wifi calling, it says may make a little while then stops spinning and nothing happens.  I have a cell signal, have connected to a few routers just in case,  and have reset all network settings. restarted the phone, and all current updates have been installed. Nothing works.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

8 REPLIES 8

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Not sure how Android devices work, but does it ask you for a address for 911 services?  May want to make sure that address is accurate.

Another suggestion, and I am really not sure if it matters, but check to see if location services is enabled, wonder if it tries to locate where you are for initial setup?

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

I have not seen an address option pop up... Location services are enabled for the app...Thank you for the suggestion

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Have you tried reaching out to support?  I am wondering if they need to reprovision your account to enable it.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

I guess you may have to reinstall the eSIM application with the helpdesk of Visible. If that doesn't work. Then ask them to issue physical SIM. With physical SIM card it should work without issues.

Hope it helps!

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

FWIW, we successfully activated WiFi calling on my wifeโ€™s Samsung S10e with physical SIM on Sunday. She moved over from Verizon to Visible Friday night.

May have to move to a physical, they suggested a factory reset but that loses the esim and reloading it would be problematic from what I have read..Thank you for all of your advice

LDH
Novice

I have a Samsung S22 Ultra that I ported over from Verizon this week. I'm using E-sim with Wi-fi calling it's working fine. I did remove my old Verizon sim card and restarted the phone before enabling it. Good Luck

Abigailblair
Novice

I have an iPhone - but this is what a visible agent responded and it helped me. 

Now please make sure to power cycle the device. This step allows the device to re-register with the network and can fix many problems. It is recommended that all devices be completely powered down at least once per week. Turn the device off. Wait at least 30 seconds. Turn the device back on. Reset Network settings. This will force the device to redownload the newest carrier settings from the new SIM. With your phone on, remove your Visible SIM. With the Visible SIM removed, reset network settings (Phone will power cycle during network reset, but must be turned off again before step 3). iPhone: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings Wait for the phone to complete the network reset. Turn your phone off. With your phone off, insert the Visible SIM. With the Visible SIM inserted, turn on your phone. Wait up to 10 minutes.