Yearly plans

firstohit
Novice II

I am switching from RedPocket ($20 a month on yearly ebay plan CDMA) a Verizon MVNO to Visible for the $30 a month. The Unlimited plus the free hot-spot are bonus features. I got the yearly discount with a code for $20 a month for a year. But for next year, I would love to see way to keep my rate. Would it be possible to save if I am willing to pay for a year in advance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visible is a month to month prepaid with no options for a year for a discount. Currently you can get the base plan for $25 a month and I don't see it going up for at least a year or two. There is one other thing you can do to save money. Once a customer Visible gives you a friend referral code that will get you $20 off each referral that activates. You can post on that social media such as Visible's Reddit page in the megathread for referrals, on Twitter and here on the savings spot forum. You can also get someone's code from the savings spot for the $20 off and get your first month for $5 on the base plan. You can bank up to 12 credits and as said each credit is $20 off your next bill. This is another major reason I am here is because I have been fortunate to accrue a lot of credits posting on the various places I mentioned and have been paying $5 a month for at least 20 of the 23 months I have been with Visible.

One one drawback of Visible is customer service can only be contacted through social media platforms(Twitter, FB Messenger, Visible's reddit page and chat, they have no phone number to call so keep that in mind when making your decision to come over to Visible. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visible is a month to month prepaid with no options for a year for a discount. Currently you can get the base plan for $25 a month and I don't see it going up for at least a year or two. There is one other thing you can do to save money. Once a customer Visible gives you a friend referral code that will get you $20 off each referral that activates. You can post on that social media such as Visible's Reddit page in the megathread for referrals, on Twitter and here on the savings spot forum. You can also get someone's code from the savings spot for the $20 off and get your first month for $5 on the base plan. You can bank up to 12 credits and as said each credit is $20 off your next bill. This is another major reason I am here is because I have been fortunate to accrue a lot of credits posting on the various places I mentioned and have been paying $5 a month for at least 20 of the 23 months I have been with Visible.

One one drawback of Visible is customer service can only be contacted through social media platforms(Twitter, FB Messenger, Visible's reddit page and chat, they have no phone number to call so keep that in mind when making your decision to come over to Visible. 

thanks, where do I find my own referral code/URL? I requested porting in my number from RedPocket (Verizon) and waiting for the sim. I hope the porting and activation will go smoothly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you activate it will show up on your account, on the app. Once activated and signed in click account on the bottom in the app and scroll down to referrals and there will be a code there. On the website sign into your account(after activation) and it will be under the same referrals section.

there is a mobile app that seems to have a chat section. I think this might be might best bet if I run into issues to get hold of support. Do you know about/used it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The app you need to activate the SIM with and has a little blue box you tap on and that will get you chat. I do not use the app for chat and others on Reddit have mentioned getting dropped, cut off or terminated. If chat is your preference over social media it would be my suggestion to use a laptop or desktop and go to visible.com and click the little blue box in the bottom right, less likely to get booted on the website. 

The reason I prefer social media is because it is like emailing them, you don't need to sit and wait in line and you can message back minutes or hours later and still get responses. The last time I used chat over 6 months ago to ask some questions I waited on the countdown timer for 45 minutes before I got an agent. I contact them through FB messenger and I do keep an eye on when they respond but sometimes my response it 15 minutes after theirs and I won't get disconnected. A year and a half ago I was trouble shooting my connection and had to restart my phone and even though I was on my laptop conversing with them it took to long for my phone to restart and since I didn't response in a certain amount of time they terminated chat, which is why I hate using it.

firstohit
Novice II

so today I received the new SIM. before that I select activate in the mobile app which initiated the $5 charge. now waiting for the new sim to activate and the number transfer....