Constant Data Throttling

Anonymous
Not applicable

data

Anyone else fed up with the constant data throttling? Here in the Tri-Cities area of NE Tennessee, speeds appear to be good at night, when I'm usually sleeping. But in the middle of the day, every day, the data is so slow that my phone is barely usable for anything that needs data. Trying to load in a single picture is a true test of patience. I like to save money, but I'm starting to think it would be worth paying another $15/month to another provider to actually have a useable phone.

Visible really needs to re-negotiate with Verizon to have a higher minimum data throttle level. I don't need super speeds, just something useable.

6 REPLIES 6

chriswallace
Novice III

Totally agree! I'm in the Twin Cities metro (Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN) and same problem here.  I like to stream music in the car to and from work. You know there's an issue when it's stopping to buffer in the middle of a song, multiple times!  I never had this issue before I switched from Verizon to Visible. I thought they were the same network??  Thinking of biting the bullet and paying more each month just so my car ride to and from work is a little more enjoyable...

Visible, you really need to re-think this throttling thing!!! Unlimited data is worthless if there's no speed to it!

Looks like Cricket is ditching their throttling, at least on 4G LTE...  Your turn, Visible!!

Cricket made two major changes to its prepaid plans today, bringing them in line with the competition in two important ways. First, Cricket is removing the cap of 8 Mbps on 4G LTE download speeds. Second, the company is now including access to 5G on all plans at no extra cost. 

https://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=22659

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just arrived at my destination for a 2 week vacation. Signal level it's decent but data is virtually non-existent. Two weeks of poor dates speeds is going to be the nail in Visible's coffin for me. I'll be ditching them when I get back home!

Anonymous
Not applicable

That should have said poor data speeds. Couldn't find any way to edit it.

digitaldaryl
Novice

I finally gave up and quit visible. It was all day throttling until after 11pm. Each morning back to throttling. Agonizingly slow data speeds. Switched to T-Mobile. Blazing fast speed 24/7 and coverage equally good.

jetta_mkiii
Novice

Not to beat a dead horse but. Grand forks ND is constant throttling also. I go there roughly once a month or more often and my speed test is always lower than 1Mbps. Tested twice throughout the day today and the most I got was .1 Mbps. Not 1, but (.1). At that speed an average mobile web page at 2MB will take over two and a half minutes to load! I'm fine with network throttling but this is unacceptable. At home my cell network speed tests at over 200Mbps! Not my home wifi- my Verizon visible cell service.