Newbie Questions

Tibgler
Novice

Hello,

I have been lurking around Visible Wireless and the Visible Wireless Community.  Today I have taken the time to register for an account on these forums.  I have a few or more questions that I would like to ask you today.  I'm with MetroPCS and have been with MetroPCS for more than 11 years. My plan is $60! a month and comes with 10/15GB of Hotspot per line.   I'm a Smartphone user and a Desktop user as well. My life does not always revolve around a tiny screen. With Metro I feel compelled to be on the Smartphone mostly. That is because I feel like the Hotspot on Metro is a second class citizen.  I mean not abuse, but reasonably more for less price would be nice. I'm a Linux User on my Desktop and need to occasionally download updates.  I feel like I'm not enjoying my Hotspot but watching the Meter at all times.  When I go over they send a message I'm done. I really would like to try a new  Company and see if it satisfies my needs.

Questions: 

•  When Visible says only one Hotspot does it literally mean that it only remembers one device?  That is its Mac and you can not connect any other devices on the network? Or I can use all my devices assuming that I use them one at a time?
  •  If I need to reach someone at Visible  do you have regular chat agents online at all times(Business Hours)? 
  • Can I enjoy the Hotspot with my Linux Desktop(s) (reasonably of course)?
  • What is the allowed Hotspot amount and what is reasonable for Visible? 

I have more questions probably but will ask if they do come up.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there! All Visible members get mobile hotspot included with unlimited data and speeds up to 5 Mbps. You should be able to connect most devices to your hotspot network, but only one device can be connected at a time. More information about Visible and available features/services can be found by visiting our help page https://www.visible.com/help/. The Visible Care Team can also be reached 24/7 by chatting on our site, tweeting @visiblecare or sending a DM to @Visible on Facebook.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there! All Visible members get mobile hotspot included with unlimited data and speeds up to 5 Mbps. You should be able to connect most devices to your hotspot network, but only one device can be connected at a time. More information about Visible and available features/services can be found by visiting our help page https://www.visible.com/help/. The Visible Care Team can also be reached 24/7 by chatting on our site, tweeting @visiblecare or sending a DM to @Visible on Facebook.