No Wi-Fi Calling on supported iCloud-connected devices (Apple Watch)

engineerohio
Novice II

WARNING: I bought my wife an Apple Watch for Christmas specifically so that she could use the Wi-Fi calling feature on it.  Well, after trying to get it to work for several hours, I found that Visible does not support Wi-Fi Calling on supported iCloud-connected devices - this includes the Apple Watch, iPad, Macbook, etc.

I confirmed with Visible support that they don't have this feature available & will now have to switch to a different carrier in order to use this feature.  You can see the list of carriers & what features they support here: Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the United States and Canada - Apple Support

It would have been nice to know this before I spent hours trying to make it work.

So, I am forced to switch her to another carrier.  I have chosen Ting, as they also have a $25/mo plan.  The only downside is that it isn't truly unlimited - only 5GB, but she rarely uses that much anyway.  It's also T-Mobile instead of Verizon, but I'm hoping that since T-Mobile acquired Sprint that their service will be acceptable in our area - I guess we'll find out.

Sorry to say goodbye to Visible - I hope to be back when they decide to support this feature.  For what reason they don't already, I can't imagine.

0 REPLIES 0