Plan

Johng104
Novice

What different in the new $30 plan compared to the current $40 plan

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

The old $40 plan runs on the cloud based system that Visible was using. The new plans are running on the same core system as their parent company Verizon. This is from what I have read and not up on the technology so for more information about the two maybe try a search.

The old $40 plan and the $30 plan are basically the same plan. If you are already on the Visible $40 plan with party pay and paying $25 a month you are grandfathered in and can switch to the $30 and get $5 off for the same price. I finally switched a week ago and noticed my data speed increased slightly and ping rate went down. If you switch plans or leave you lose the credit.

The $45 plan will get you 50GB of premium data, not throttled at times of congestion, offers access to the 5GUW band, roaming in Canada and Mexico with calling to 30+ countries and texting to 200+ countries. You will not get the $5 discount on this plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TL;DR - better speeds and performance.

There are some important technical differences between the old $40 plan and the newer plans in terms of speed and performance. The newer plans as stated are on the Verizon core network. I've found that those differences are fairly represented in the legal disclosures which are required by the FCC and found at:

https://www.visible.com/legal/legal-disclosures

Under the Important Information about Visibleโ€™s Plans and Broadband Internet Access Services drop-down at that link see the discussion starting at:

What speeds and performance can a Visible Broadband Internet Access Services customer expect, and where are these speeds available?

Keep in mind that the old $40 plan is referred to as Visible Unlimited, whereas the new $30 and $45 plans are referred to as Visible and Visible+ in that discussion.

While in my case I've found the differences to be accurate and the better speed and performance claim to be accurate, YMMV based on your physical location and  network utilization (congestion). For example, in my case at home I only have access to the 4G; however it's coming off of a lightly utilized  Verizon tower where congestion and therefore de-prioritization are rare. My speeds tend to be on the higher range and latency is on the lower end of the spectrum. Lower latency translates to a more responsive experience for some of the more chatty activities (e.g web surfing which needs to satisfy multiple requests, sometimes hundreds or even more - simply displaying this discussion alone required some 160 network requests so the importance of lower latency should not be underestimated )

That's the technical answer...