Data stops during the day.

hugemoth
Novice

I'm just outside Bend Oregon where I've been using Visible for a couple years. A couple weeks ago I noticed that phone calls and texting worked but data would pretty much stop sometime between 9:00 am and 10:00 am then gradually resume after 6 pm. Visible sent a new SIM for my Galaxy A03s phone but it made no difference. Bought a brand new Motorola phone from Visible but the issue remains the same. Always shows 2 or 3 bars BTW.

If I drive a few miles away everything works fine. Still 2 or 3 bars but a different tower?

I would appreciate any help with this issue.

7 REPLIES 7

I have been running into the issue. I am on the base plan and have been with Visible for 3 years. I am in a rural part of the state and in a 4G LTE only area. A week ago Tuesday I noticed I had a hard time pulling up website and watching YouTube in 480p. I pulled up Ookla Speed Test app and noticed my speeds barely 1Mbps and less. I have normal daytime speeds around 15Mbps due to being deprioritized and congestion on the towers. I have never been below 10 that often but less than 1Mbps never. Not sure if it is pure coincidence but it started the same day I received an email to upgrade to the plus plan with the 10FOR5 discount. On Monday I contacted customers service since these speeds seem to run into the early morning hours, normally I would get >40Mbps during these hours. I spent over 3 hours and thought they had maybe fixed the issue, I woke up and had decent speeds again middle of the morning but afternoon it was unusable again. I don't know what to make of it since it recently started but I guess if I want unlimited hotspot I will have to put up with it since no other carrier offer that. 

You can try and have them re-provision your SIM but I don't think that will help. I have no clue what they did to mine but the 3 hours I spent with them chatting through their support page on Reddit it didn't help. I have 3 different agents and had to verify my account 3 different times, guessing when each agent decided to drop in.

Also, I am on a new Samsung phone and thought maybe something changed but I stuck my SIM back in my old phone and same results. 

Thanks for the reply.

Still waiting for Visible to respond to my open case. I've spent many hours chatting and talking to Visible agents, doing tests over and over and over again with no results. A new sim made no difference, and a new phone made no difference. I don't care much about speed as long as it's fast enough to stream YouTube but I downloaded the Meteor speed test which usually shows 0 Kbbs upload, 0 Kpbs download, and a failed ping between about 10 am and 7 pm, all the while showing 3 bars. Right now at 4 am it works fine. A borrowed phone that uses T Mobile towers always works fine here from the same location, also 4g, so I believe it's some problem with the tower.

Its 10 am,  do you know where your internet is? Went off at exactly 10 am this morning. 0 Kbps upload, 0 kbps download, ping test failed. Switched to borrowed phone on the Tmobile system. 

More hours on chat and phone calls with tech and their conclusion was that the only way to get service during the day was to upgrade service to the $45 plan. All this after new sims and new phone. So I paid for the upgrade and it still doesnt work! Then more hours on chat and phone. Now they're sending yet another SIM that they say will fix the problem. If that doesnt work I'll ask for a refund and go to T Mobile.

Upgraded to the $45 plan but no change. Visible then sent yet another SIM but that didn't work. Then more time on the phone and they changed something to make it better than before but it still cuts off (no Internet connection displayed on phone) for around 30 seconds at a time, several times per hour. To their credit a customer rep called this AM to follow up. She said nothing can be done, take it or leave it (I'm paraphrasing). I'm shopping around for another provider.

No internet connection at all this morning. A message comes up saying "sign into network" but when I click on it a blank page comes up.

After yet another chat session I can now connect to the network and can usually stream a YouTube video but it often times out for a few seconds to a few minutes. Other apps that require a connection such as Walmarts grocery app do not work for the most part, saying there is no internet connection. Loading simple web pages often takes a long time and do not finish loading. Again, Visible $45 service works well enough when I'm away from home on a different tower.

The borrowed phone I'm using on T Mobile, is fast and always works. Visible service is very frustrating and disappointing. Cannot recommend.