Held Hostage

Olive

I bought a used iPhone 11 through Visible last week and began set up the evening of October 1. It’s now 10:30 PM on October 3, and I still don’t have my phone set up. They got my number ported about 8:45 PM on October 1 which meant I no longer have cell service with my old carrier. Over 48 hours later and numerous live chats and a call last night from a supervisor who “promised” it would be set up by midnight my time zone that day, I still have nothing.

One agent said the phone I bought is locked for 60 days, so I couldn’t take it to another carrier. I don’t have a 4 digit pin established because I can’t set up the account. I can’t log into the app on my phone because it says there an error with the SIM. If I were to just chalk up the loss of $288 for the phone, I’d lose my phone number because I can’t port it since there’s no pin.

Everyone at Visible keeps saying they are so sorry and would be frustrated too. One agent asked if I was trying to use a locked phone. No, not unless that’s what Visible sells. I went with the eSIM and I said to one agent that must have been my mistake. I should have gotten a regular one. He said it would not have mattered, it’s their service.

I have no idea what is happening or know when to expect a resolution. Yesterday morning and this morning I received emails saying they are working on it and to expect to hear back on 4 to 24 hours. 

I’m being held hostage. If I walk away, I lose. If I stay, I lose.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to solve this dilemma? This is the absolute worst experience!

0 REPLIES 0