How to transfer phone number to visible while buying the iPhone 14 pro?

Sipra2912
Novice

I was going to buy the iPhone 14 pro and use the Port-In Promotion and get a $200 gift card and AirPods with the phone but when I check out it tells me to make a new phone number instead of giving me an option to port my sim number to visible. Could someone help me with this?

P.S. the sim I am currently using is mint mobile

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scoffler
Novice II

Transferring your phone number is still possible, I chatted with an agent about this and was able to keep my phone number. It is weird they donโ€™t give you the option to keep your number when purchasing the new phone, but you can just โ€œget a new numberโ€ but then transport your phone number once you get the new phone physically. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

scoffler
Novice II

Transferring your phone number is still possible, I chatted with an agent about this and was able to keep my phone number. It is weird they donโ€™t give you the option to keep your number when purchasing the new phone, but you can just โ€œget a new numberโ€ but then transport your phone number once you get the new phone physically. 

Are you sure that porting the number this way after receiving a new phone number from them will still make the buyer eligible to receive the promotional benefits? Since what you are actually doing is getting a brand new number with the phone and only then porting your old number.

abhay607072
Novice

how you port your number once you have the physical phone? While seeing up on the app I still see a New number assigned to me. How can I bring in my previous number while setting up on the Visible App?

amerikanist
Novice II

Same issue here. Trying to make use of the promotion that clearly states that the benefits will only apply if you are porting a number. However, at the time of purchasing the device, the option to port your own number is missing and you are forced to get them to issue you a new number instead. It is not clear whether or not the promotion still applies when you first get them to issue a new number and then ask to port your old one. No clarification in the T&C of the offer as well. It may be that they are intentionally creating this workflow to avoid applying promotions altogether, which would be a clear case of bait and switch and the worst for any company to do really.