If I buy a used iPhone outright (not financed) through Visible, does it come carrier-unlocked?

meatbag
Novice

Subject says it all ๐Ÿ™‚

2 REPLIES 2

Unknown_Finding
Novice III

Hello,

The device will be carrier locked for the first 60 days of service. The phone will then become unlocked and available for any compatible carrier.

https://www.visible.com/help/device-unlocking-policy

stefguxues
Novice

Hey everyone,

It's a bit of a mixed bag for me. On one hand, I totally get the appeal of buying a used iPhone outright - it can save you some bucks, and who doesn't love that, right?

But, let me tell you about my experience. I once got a used phone, not from Visible though, and I had this weird carrier lock issue. It was frustrating, to say the least. I wouldn't want to deal with used phones anymore. ๐Ÿ™„

Now, about that advice - if I've learned anything from my tech adventures, it's to be patient. Yes, the phone might be carrier-locked for the first 60 days, but hang in there. After that period, it should spread its wings and become carrier-unlocked, ready to dance with any compatible carrier.

So, meatbag, keep your eyes on the prize and give it those 60 days. It might just be worth the wait.