Issues porting old number

cnovak
Novice

I am having the worst time porting my old number to this visible service. It continues to give me the error that the zip code does not match. I have tried the billing zip code, my old zip code, and the zip code that my phone number is associated to. Still getting the error. Chat is the worst because I canโ€™t even ask for the appropriate help. How can I bypass or fix this zip code issue so I can keep my phone number????

3 REPLIES 3

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @cnovak - The zip code should be your billing zip code.  I would recommend contacting your old carrier and making sure they don't have a port lock on the number (make sure it's released for porting) as that will also cause issues.  Once you do that, confirm the zip code and the account number with them.  Then you should be able to port over.  Hope you can get it sorted.

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.

jmaz103
Novice II

Itโ€™s gonna be the zip code from the first address you had on file with the carrier youโ€™re porting out of.

ramcmah0n
Novice

It took me three times to get the right one. We had our cell service at several locations. Third time was

the charm.