Newbie can't transfer number from VZW

Lisasali
Novice II

Hello, and thanks in advance for reading what may be a long message. I am totally blind,, and was unable to use the chat feature with the software that reads my screen. I have signed up for service with Visible, but seem to be unable to port over my VZW number. It says my account and PIN do not match, and I have confirmed in numerous ways that they do. I contacted vZW today, and they said the problem was an error with my number transfer Pin. I have been given a new one which expires in a week. I am unable to figure out in Visible where to input this information, or what my next steps should be. Any help would be much appreciated! I need to be able to keep my old number, and don't want to have to cancel Visible to do it.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Last year when I moved from Verizon to Visible they wanted the 6 digit Verizon port out pin

FYI, my wife went from Visible back to Verizon last August. We tried the port out pin from Visible, even at the Verizon store with no luck. The solution was to talk to Verizon customer service and have the internal account move from Visible to Verizon, no port pins required.

There is the slightest possibility Visible customer service may need to go from Verizon to Visible now. Please keep us updated.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

Welcome to Visible.

Is your port out PIN 6 digits and have you confirmed that your Verizon number is not locked?

www dot verizon dot com/support/port-out-faqs/

This was the solution I should have thought of and did not. I will reach out to them via Twitter.

Yes, the number is unlocked, and the port out PIN is 6 digits. It keeps saying my Account and PIN do not match. I assume they want my account PIN with VZW. Are they asking for the port out PIN instead? Thankss.

Last year when I moved from Verizon to Visible they wanted the 6 digit Verizon port out pin

FYI, my wife went from Visible back to Verizon last August. We tried the port out pin from Visible, even at the Verizon store with no luck. The solution was to talk to Verizon customer service and have the internal account move from Visible to Verizon, no port pins required.

There is the slightest possibility Visible customer service may need to go from Verizon to Visible now. Please keep us updated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you able to utilize Twitter direct messaging? I know Twitter has worked on a number of accessibility enhancements and that may be a option for communicating with Visible Care at:

https://twitter.com/visiblecare

Unfortunately, Visible does not publicize a phone number.

EWHarris
Novice II

I also had trouble with getting my Verizon Account number accepted. I also called Verizon to verify my account number and to request a transfer pin. What worked for me was not entering the numbers after the dash and using the transfer pin given to me from Verizon. Hope it works for you too.