Physical SIM will not activate.

Roctavious
Novice

I have been with chat for going on 5 days. Got a new phone that doesn’t use eSIM. Ordered a sim last week. Arrived Saturday. Installed it Sun, wouldn’t work. Got on chat. They said sim was canceled because it was longer than 30 days. Impossible had not even been 5 days since ordered. Ordered me another. Arrived in 2 days. Doesn’t work. Told canceled for the same reason. Told them no. Literally arrived today. Chat said it was canceled because I ordered an eSIM. No I did not. Said I did a month ago, which is true because their network kicked the eSIM I was originally using off the network resulting in at least 4 days without service. That’s why it was canceled. I said that makes absolutely no sense. Chat then says it’s a system error and another sim will not fix it. We will turn it over to the team, here’s the case number, you’ll get a solution in an hour. Many hours later email says issue resolved, turn phone on, and case closed. 

That night, do as told and of course nothing works. Getting runaround in chat so I open another and are in 2 different chats. One person escalates up to carrier services promises me a solution in less than an hour. Other chat guy says he’s sending me a new sim and ignored every time I bring being told a 3rd sim wouldn’t resolve the issue. 20 hours later, no email from “carrier services” and no email about receiving new sim. Go back to “secured channel” chat and am told sorry, sim was not ordered sending a new one now. And every time I ask how this one will work and why was I told another sim wasn’t the solution, I get “anyway, it’s off to the courier. 
Anyone have a way that I can skip the chat people and have contact with someone higher? This has been 5 days now without service and is getting beyond frustrating. 

2 REPLIES 2

DMR
Novice II

I don't have any help, but damp that sucks!  I've been with them about 5 years & need a new phone now & am thinking about leaving, but I don't know if customer no-service is any good at any cell phone company these days.  

Roctavious
Novice

In case anyone was following, I just broke down and got a phone that was eSIM capable. When I last spoke to the chat, the agent said the  physical sim issue was resolved but I told him it was no longer needed. They gave me a $20 credit. If anyone can attest to whether physical sims are working, please let me know.