Receiving Call While in Mexico on Visible+

ShariB23
Novice

I have Visible+ and will be traveling to Mexico.  1. If I want someone who lives in Mexico to call me while I am in Mexico, do they need to add country code, etc. to my number?  2.  Will my phone be considered a local call or an international call to someone calling me from Mexico while I am in Mexico?  3. To call the US while in Mexico on my phone, will I need to dial any special prefixes or just 1 + area code as I would if I were inside the US?

#Visible+ plan

#Mexico

#internation roaming

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @ShariB23 - All good questions, allow me to respond to each one below:

1. They will need to call you as if you’re in the United States with the +1 area code
  2. The call will be considered international to them (Pro tip: Have them send you a text message if they are able to which is much less expensive and then you can call them back.  Better yet, they could use Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, etc. without any monetary cost)
  3. Exactly as you described

Hope this helps.  If so, please mark it as a solution so it may help others.

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @ShariB23 - All good questions, allow me to respond to each one below:

1. They will need to call you as if you’re in the United States with the +1 area code
  2. The call will be considered international to them (Pro tip: Have them send you a text message if they are able to which is much less expensive and then you can call them back.  Better yet, they could use Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, etc. without any monetary cost)
  3. Exactly as you described

Hope this helps.  If so, please mark it as a solution so it may help others.

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.

Thank you @RyanBlakeIT .  I used the chat feature twice this afternoon and received different answers from each.  It also seemed when the questions were something they couldn't answer they kicked me out of the chat which also logged me out of my account so any record of the chat disappeared.

One agent said that I did not NEED to add the Mexican country code when calling from inside Mexico to a Mexican number but it may prevent problems if I did use the country code anyway.  The second agent said that I did not need to use a country code to make local calls in Mexico and that calling me would not require a country code and would be considered a local call for the person calling me.  When I asked if there was any documentation about using the visible + plan while in Mexico they told me there wasn't "because it is so simple it didn't need any documentation".  They said just use it as if it were another local phone on the Mexican network.  

I will make some test calls while I'm in Mexico and see what works but your response @RyanBlakeIT  makes much more sense the the agents' responses did.  I won't risk my friends getting an international call billed to their account, so I won't be able to test how a local would call me.

Thanks for the pro tips too!