Unable to port from AT&T prepaid to Visible

AKB22
Novice

Hello,

I purchased iPhone Pro Max from Visible store couple of days back and got it delivered today. When I tried activating the Visible esim on the new iPhone using the Visible app, but I kept getting some or the other error even after payment of $30 towards monthly charge. Later when I tried reading the QR code available in my profile, I received the the code is no longer valid".

I then installed the Visible app on my older iPhone which has my AT&T sim. The Visible sim got activated there but now it won't let me port my AT&T number to Visible as the app on the new iPhone keeps displaying the message "Looks like you may be having difficulty getting started right now. You can attempt to retry" from past few hours. My offer included a $300 GC if I purchased a new device from Visible store and ported my number to Visible from a supported carrier. Can someone guide how to port my AT&T number to Visible because right now I have 2 numbers (AT&T prepaid number and new Visible number) running parallelly on my old iPhone? The new iPhone doesn't have any network.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

georgeb
Intermediate II

@AKB22

Chat with the Care Team on website or through your Visible app.

You can also contact then @VisibleCare on Twitter or via Facebook Messenger (@VisibleMobile).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

georgeb
Intermediate II

@AKB22

Chat with the Care Team on website or through your Visible app.

You can also contact then @VisibleCare on Twitter or via Facebook Messenger (@VisibleMobile).

Hard to believe Visible doesn't post the MUST-DO hints. From my grueling 5 hours of installation - it oculd have taken 10 minutes, should have. But it took nearly 4 hours for anyone to tell me YOU MUST REMOVE THE AT&T PHYSICAL SIM CARD.  If you don't then you will grow old trying to do this. I didn't know you could open the iphone with a push pin. Nothing else works. Paper clip? ha. anyhow, you push too hard, and the slot pops open, and the card falls on the floor and you can't find it. ever. Close the slot. restart the phone. download the app again. Try to Activate. If it doesn't work, okay, go back into Settings>Cellular and turn OFF the AT&T "Sim" if it's still showing. Delete it if you can. At the bottom of your list (1 or more, maybe not a list) of SIMS, you'll see ADD CELLULAR .. Data or Plan.. Try that. It will ask for a QR code. Get the chat human agent to send you a QR code. If they didn't VERIFY you first, it won't work. Just saying. Get verified by email first. On your PC. You can't do all this on your phone and stay sane. So get verified, THEN get the code. Hold up the phone to scan it. It will seem like it's skewed and wrong, but it actually should work. You may have to go back INTO the app to get it to finish. around and around. eventually, the QR code will take and after a few minutes you'l finally see Verizon bars and the word Visible on your home screen. and it will be SO MUCH better than AT&T.