Visible Issyes with Valid Shipping Address

MikeInFla
Novice II

I am attempting to create a Visible account and complete the shipping and Service address for my account. I live in a new house (since 12/2024) and getting the address populated to the various servicdes and companies was a long process. The process appeared to be resolved about 2 months ago when all business seemed to get their address databases updated. I now use the address, without issue, for all needs EXCEPT Visible. I currently use it for my credit union, VERIZON, Amazon, Fed Ex, UPS, Florida driver's license, etc. But Visible, to include the app forms, the website forms, Chat staff, and now the next level tech support are attempting to tell me that my US POST OFFICE ASSIGNED address is "invalid". I have over 20 years experience in government IT (now retired) and do know most companies do NOT build their own address database, but purchase an address DB from the Post Office or a 3rd party service. Will Visible update their DB, correct the address issue in THEIR DB, or just continue to blame prospective customers for an address issue that is undoubtedly a problem with the Visible DB and system?

7 REPLIES 7

You didn't say of you were getting mail delivered to that address? If you are not that would likely be the issue, if you are not getting mail delivered then it may not be set up through the USPS as a valid address for mail delivery and I would assume that is what Visible goes by. I am just guessing about that. It is certainly possible that Visible hasn't updated their database either.

I receive mail to the address. I mistakenly thought that highlighting "US POST OFFICE ASSIGNED" address would make that clear. Yes, I even receive junk mail.

Sorry, I must have misread it. I thought that was the error message you got from Visible.

FYI - I also chatted with 2 separate techs at Visible. The first chat session lasted about an hour while he "checked" with others, then the session mysteriously disconnected. The second session ended with the tech stating the issue was being elevated and provided the case number. Later that day, I received an email stating "Iโ€˜m "Tech Name Redacted", and Iโ€™m with the Visible Care Team! We're reaching out regarding the issue you have been experiencing in updating your account address. We would like to inform you that the system did not allow you to use the address you provided. We will leave your case open within 24 hours while waiting for a valid address. Thank you for understanding and We do apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused."

Pretty sad response from Tech Support so far. The 24 hours ended at approximately 1300 today. Is this an example of Visible replying to users that "It's not us, it's you"?

MikeInFla
Novice II

Recent email from Visible Support - "Good afternoon, Michael! Iโ€˜m (Tech Nmae Redacted), and Iโ€™m with the Visible Care Team! We're reaching out regarding the issue you have been experiencing in updating your account address. We would like to inform you that the system did not allow you to use the address you provided.

We will leave your case open within 24 hours while waiting for a valid address. Thank you for understanding and We do apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused."

The 24 hours for me to provide a "Valid Address" ended at 1300 today. This is NOT an issue with my address. It IS an issue with the Visible address database.

MikeInFla
Novice II

I received an email today marked "Do Not Reply" from "Your Visible Community Team". This email asked if any replies had solved my issue "and mark one as an Accepted Solution". As of today, 6/21/2024 at 1230, my issue has not been resolved nor has any solution been offered.

Thanks

MikeInFla
Novice II

Another Chat session today. Another 30+ minutes wasted in Chat. Tech DID actually call to verify what I had posted. "Promised" to "elevate" the issue (same promise as from Day 1). Tech still attempted to place blame on me for using an invalid address (where I receive US mail, Amazon, FedEx, UPS, City water, internet service, etc., etc.,). Visible refuses to admit they use obsolete address & (apparently from other forum posts) IMEI OBSOLETE databases.