What does Visible do to prevent unauthorized SIM Swapping?

Kings_Dotter
Novice

This isn't about the user, this is about the provider. (Seems that providers are trying to put this issue on the backs of users where they need to step up.)

"In 2023, the FCC   to “adopt secure methods of authenticating a customer before redirecting a customer’s phone number to a new device or provider” among other new rules. Companies could require more information when a customer tries to port over a phone number to another phone — from requiring government identification, voice verification or additional security questions." (From AP)
So what does Visible do to make sure they're authenticating customers sufficiently before swapping SIM or changing to a new provider? 
I haven't had an issue, fortunately, but I do want some reassurance!
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

For any port out you need account number and PIN.

When you request port out PIN visible verifies through text message/SMS that the user intended to port out.

With the port out PIN and account number the user can take the number to a different provider of his choice.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

For any port out you need account number and PIN.

When you request port out PIN visible verifies through text message/SMS that the user intended to port out.

With the port out PIN and account number the user can take the number to a different provider of his choice.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.