Worst decision on my life

dsibinovic
Novice III

Just joined Visible today or should I call it miserable. Worst mistake of my entire life. Bought a brand new Apple watch from Apple and then joined Visible because "Its a perfect pair" according to Visible. Right. Not even close. Can't even get it activated and no support what so ever. I was getting an error "Something went wrong" Try again. Now for some reason it says "The phone number attached to this watch isn't matching the account you logged in with. Please re-enter your info"  What the? The watch doesn't have a phone number it says No sim No connection.

Is there anyone who can figure this out so I don't have to switch carriers again? 

Cause at this point I'm about ready to switch and let the world know not to make the same mistake I did and switch to Visible

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsibinovic
Novice III

FINALLY Well now after 2 weeks I get an email from Visible." We're following up to let you know we are tweaked some settings in backend, and everything is correctly setup. We are kindly asking you to try again to add your Apple Watch."

Low and behold it finally worked and yes you read that correctly. That was cut and paste from the email and I believe they are tweaked. 2 weeks to tweak some settings in the backend? it took 2 weeks for someone to adjust a setting on my account so I can add my Apple Watch.

Well its finally done and Im willing to give it a go and we'll see what Visible has in store for me. Hopefully they've gotten there glitches out of the way.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

drumguy1384
Novice II

Do you not already have a phone activated on Visible? Perhaps that could be the problem. Watches are a $5 add-on, but you still have to have a phone.

If you do have a phone on the service, I would make sure that it is completely switched over and activated first including porting over your old number, etc. prior to trying to activate a watch.

Never had a watch activated on Visible. First watch first day on visible. Number is completely ported over cause I receive calls and text and make calls and text and even MMS just cant get the watch to activate cause it says it has a different number than the account I'm logging into. Never had a different watch or number and never able to get this one to activate

Can I ask did you unpair and repair your watch after you receiving the email and before you retry??

I met the exact same issue. I received the email from tech support that the issue is resolved and asked me to try again.. I did.. but the same issue still persisted. Frustrating. Thank you!

dsibinovic
Novice III

Update: after 14 hours of trying to activate the watch, still no closer. At the request of the chat agents I have uninstalled and reinstalled the visible app and erased to watch twice and setup as new and I still get the same error that the number assigned to the watch doesn't match the account im logging into. My network now says Verizon but the Carrier is Visible. Have had to reset my password a couple time because I reached the quota for password verifications a few times trying to add the cellular plan to the watch. I really don't understand why this is so difficult!?

The visible chat customer care cannot help you they do not have tools to solve problems you have to make them crazy they should escalate it to the higher department they should create a ticket and if they really do it and the higher department look into it, that might solve the problem it's a back and issue and seems the visible has a lot of backend issues

Supposedly it was escalated but no word yet about a ticket or resolution to a problem that doesn't seem to be so rare. Seems that if its a known issue and it has been fixed before the solution would be known and available. What would cause Visible's system or the phone to have a different number for the watch?

If you look on the recent posts you'll see that now they have a lot of bugs in the system they just made new plans and it doesn't go so smooth eventually they're going to fix it but nothing is 100% in the world everything is made by human and every person makes mistakes so it will get better but things still happen, even the biggest carrier in the United States which is Verizon also has sometimes problems this is how it goes but it's not so buggy as visible

I found a post on Apple's website that says watches do, in fact, have a different number from their paired phone, but they use the phone's number as long as they are in range of it. Some have said that if they make a call on their watch when the phone isn't nearby the caller ID comes up with a different number.

Therefore, it kind of makes sense that Visible would see the different number on the watch and think there was a problem. That said, since they sell apple watches and advertise that they can use them they really need to figure that out. As TheCellTower said, it may have something to do with the recent change to the way their plans work.

The new plans only allow a single subscriber, so there is no way to group plans together, which seems to ignore how apple watches work with their paired phone. That seems to be a big oof if they don't already have a fix for it.

The fact that they may have a different number has no relevance in the situation. We are talking hundreds of thousands of watches would be having an issue. Verizon refers to it as Number Sharing when you add an Apple Watch. Since Visible is Verizon I don't understand how you screw it up. Its not even the fact that they are having problems with their system. It's the fact that there is NO support customers

Right now the problem I have is the fact that I got an email today, 2 days after reporting the issue saying "You will hear from us within 24 -48 hours with an update or final resolution. Thank you for your comprehension. Have an excellent day and remember that we're here to help you!" 

Here to help me? Really? Where? they end the email with if you have anything to add to your current case make sure to reference(blahbahblah).

I know I am not the first to have this problem so there is a fix. Why does it take 4 days to fix? My guess if you reset the watch profile in the system on my account it would accept the number attached to the watch

I am getting the exact same error message. I had my iPhone and watch working perfectly on Visible over the last year, and then for some reason (I deeply regret) decided to upgrade to the $30 plan last week. After reloading the eSIM on my phone I don’t know how many times, support has my phone working with the exception of visual voicemail. Watch does not work, with the same error message you are getting. Customer service escalated it to a higher level team. The “resolution” is to remove the watch from my plan and wait a month for the new billing cycle, before trying to reactivate. 

That is not a resolution. That is a way to try and keep a customer and a cop out on Visible’s staff. At least if it’s a problem with their plans and system your issue seems plausible to the fact that the system could mess up and mess your account up so it doesn’t recognize what was once activated but I never had service on any device with Visible so to say t doesn’t match what they have doesn’t make sense. There shouldn’t be anything for it to match up to. 
UPDATE: received email today stating I need to send a picture of issue via twitter or Facebook messenger to visible staff to get the problem to the right dept. Really? Have to use social media to communicate with “tech support”? How many different dept could possibly handle Apple Watch activation issues. It’s. A pretty specific issue not like can’t make a phone call or not receiving text messages but Apple Watch activation. 
another thing is at the end of the day Visible is Verizon and should be shouldn’t have BS issues like this last this long or have such poor service

Bneal77
Novice

contact them on messenger they were great about fixing my activation issues

Been there and done that more than once. What activation issues did you have? Their response to me is tohave me send them a screen shot of the error. So I have 3 times now and each time they will contact me in 24 -48 hours with an update or final resolution and how happy they are they could help me with my issue by attaching the screen shot to my case. So far all I've gotten is a message saying hey we havent forgotten about you and your problem. Our best teams are working on getting you a positive resolution. Save em the BS and the broken English in the messages. Quit the apologies and the fake empathy  and just get the issue fixed. Again I'm not the first and it can't be all that complicated or hard to reset the watch profile or erase the number they have for the watch in the system and allow it to accept the one attached to the watch. If I went and got a different watch the number wouldn't match either. A full week of we'll contact you tomorrow with a resolution.

PS try posting "24 - 48" with no spaces in it. The system claims its a bad word and I had to clean it up before it would post this

dsibinovic
Novice III

FINALLY Well now after 2 weeks I get an email from Visible." We're following up to let you know we are tweaked some settings in backend, and everything is correctly setup. We are kindly asking you to try again to add your Apple Watch."

Low and behold it finally worked and yes you read that correctly. That was cut and paste from the email and I believe they are tweaked. 2 weeks to tweak some settings in the backend? it took 2 weeks for someone to adjust a setting on my account so I can add my Apple Watch.

Well its finally done and Im willing to give it a go and we'll see what Visible has in store for me. Hopefully they've gotten there glitches out of the way.

Did you reset your phone after you receiving the email?

I met the exact the same issue... the tech support sent me an email saying the issue is solved and asked me to try again.... However, after re-try, the same issue still persisted.

When I tried to add my new Apple Watch to my Visible plan, I got the error message "Something's not quite right.  The phone number attached to this watch isn't matching the account you logged in with. Please re-enter your info" several times.  I fixed this problem on my own, and here is how I did it:

1. Open the Visible app on my iPhone.

2. Click on the "Switch now" button and follow the steps to download a new eSIM (tip: when asked for my IMEI, I entered the IMEI of the sim slot not in use.  Visible sent the activation code via both text and email, so if you don't get the text, check your email.).

3. Activate the newly downloaded eSIM on my iPhone.

4. Delete the current/old Visible eSIM from my iPhone.

5. Add my Apple Watch to my Visible plan using the Apple Watch app on my iPhone.

No need to wait for customer service to get back to you.  The key was to get a new eSIM and everything went smoothly afterwards.  Hope this helps.

Do you know what they did to fix it?  I have been having the same problem for months and have been going back and forth with visible with no end in site!!  They keep telling me they are escalating my case and have made changes to my account, but when I try I still get the same message that my number is not the same as the number on my account.  I am getting so frustrated!!