eSIM FIXED!! Please read if you're having issues!

Abbyvisible
Novice

Like everyone else, I was having issues transferring my service to the eSIM from my old iPhone 12 mini to the new iPhone 14 Pro. Went through all their steps and nothing worked. UNTIL IT DID. Please read all the steps they gave me.

I don't have the chat transcript from the first time but here were the steps. YOU WILL HAVE TO CONTACT THEM SO THAT THEY CAN SEND YOU A CUSTOM QR CODE FOR ACTIVATION.

1. Make sure the device is connected to a stable Wi-Fi.
  2. Make sure the iOS version is updated to 16.1.2 (Settings > General > Software Update). (PLEASE NOTE THE NEWEST IOS IS NOW 16.2. IT STILL WORKED WITH 16.2)
  3. Uninstall and reinstall the Visible app.
  4. Make sure the Location Service is enabled (Settings > Privacy > Location Service).
  5. Reset network settings: This will cause the device to forget all saved Wi-Fi networks and passwords. Go to Settings > General/iPhone reset or transfer> Reset > Reset Network Settings. Reconnect back to Wi-Fi once your device restarted.
  6. (This step was in the original chat with them) They advised me to go into Cellular settings and delete all my eSIMs.
  7. Then on your laptop or your computer, please go to the Account Overview page and locate the QR code. On your mobile device, please go to Settings > Cellular and tap on Add cellular plan and choose the QR code. Then scan the QR code from the website and follow the prompts while Cellular Setup is finalizing.
  8. LAST STEP THAT ACTUALLY MADE IT WORK. It was not working until I RESTARTED MY PHONE. Go through all these steps, make sure you have bars (even if they're not actually working) and then restart your phone. It magically started working after that. 

I don't know if the resolution was just pure chance or if it will actually work for other phones. But please try this before you completely lose hope! I was ready to switch carriers before it worked!

3 REPLIES 3

MacchewJax
Novice II

I had issues with  migrating from AT&T.  I got on chat with Visible to resolve.  I ended up deleting the eSim, signing out of their app and then they sent a new eSim.  Took about 15 minutes to walk through the process.

MacchewJax
Novice II

I had the same problem with "SOS" only showing or it flipping to cellular bars and then back to SOS.  I chatted with Visible through their website.  It took me about 15 minutes to get the issue resolved. We deleted the eSim, signed out of the app and then they sent a new eSIM through the app.  All was working at the end of the session.  

Excellent customer service. I was concerned I would be doing a lot of shutdowns, etc.

guitarizt
Novice

This worked perfectly for me with esim and my iphone from another carrier, thank you!