eSIM transfer from phone to phone.

ron2016h
Novice

iOS  16 has the ability to transfer eSIM data from phone to phone via Bluetooth.  Does the Visible system support this process or do they require that you contact support?

5 REPLIES 5

The question is if it goes through the carrier or apple does it by it's own. If it goes through the carrier the carrier has to support it, if it's a internal change btw phone to phone and apple does everything then it should work 

ron2016h
Novice

This is from Apple solutions. Hate to have to go through Visible if I donโ€™t have too.  Some carriers support SIM transfers from your previous iPhone to your new iPhone without needing to contact them. You can also convert your current physical SIM card to an eSIM. 

If you don't have access to your current iPhone, contact your carrier to transfer your eSIM.

While you're setting up your iPhone, if you're asked to transfer your SIM, follow the onscreen instructions to transfer your physical SIM or eSIM. If you need to transfer more than one SIM to your new iPhone, transfer your additional SIMs following the steps below.

anaclumos
Novice III

I just tried with my iPhone 14 Pro and it does not work.

same! ive been trying to contact someone about transferring my eSIM

has this been improved?  Has anyone tried it recently?  If you tried it recently when did you try it?