SOS only and No Service

Elliot
Novice

Last week I activated with Visible.  Once in a while I get the message on the upper left of my screen either “sos only” or “no service”.  How do I remedy this?

6 REPLIES 6

chrisdeluca
Novice

Seeing the exact same thing on my wife’s phone. A reboot fixes it until the next time (happened 4 times now).

chrisdeluca
Novice

Happens with my wife’s phone. Reboot temporarily fixes it. 

SueN
Novice II

Happens with my phone, too.  Turning it off and back on fixes it but it's a pain because you don't realize you aren't receiving service until you use your phone (don't know if someone is trying to call you).  I don't know if it's the service or my phone.  It never happened when I was on an expensive Verizon service, though.

MacchewJax
Novice II

I had the same problem with "SOS" only showing or it flipping to cellular bars and then back to SOS.  I chatted with Visible through their website.  It took me about 15 minutes to get the issue resolved. We deleted the eSim, signed out of the app and then they sent a new eSIM through the app.  All was working at the end of the session.  

Excellent customer service. I was concerned I would be doing a lot of shutdowns, etc.

MGrant
Novice II

Appears to be common problem.  Another Community User provided the following, which I tried and it worked!  1) Turn Off Roaming; 2) Turn Off Bluetooth; 3) Make sure phone has latest update; 4) Turn ON Airplane Mode, wait at least 30 seconds, Turn OFF Airplane Mode.  I followed these steps, status changed to VISIBLE but no bars.  As I was waiting, received message “Phone Activated” and it is now working.  Hope this helps others!  Good Luck!

mswhipps
Novice

I am now on my 5th time of this happening to my phone! I get on and chat. They say we have to get you a new eSIM. I am good for about two weeks and then it starts acting up again. I get back on chat and told the same thing. There has to be a bigger issue going on and a fix! I did not have any of these issues when I had a physical SIM.