On their Website:
1. Purchase a new phone through Visible, financed with Affirm (OK)
2. Pay off at least 50% off your phone (OK)
3. Upgrade to the newest model through Visible & finance, interest free through Affirm ( don't make any sense to me because we just did it step #1 -2 )
4. Mail in your old phone within 14 days in good working condition, and we’ll pay off the remaining balance on it ( what kind of remaining balance are we talking about here? Let's say I can trade my old iPhone XS or $20 android phone., will Visible pay off remaining balance of $500 on $1000 phone anyway even if i trade in $20 phone? )
Let's rewrite steps 3 & 4 for clarity.
Also for these purposes:
Phone A = first Visible phone purchased
Phone B = second Visible phone purchased
3. Upgrade to the newest model (Phone B) through Visible & finance, interest free through Affirm
4. Mail in your old phone (Phone A, purchased from Visible) within 14 days in good working condition, and we’ll pay off the remaining balance on it. The remaining purchase price balance of Phone A must be 50% or less.
Example One Phone A. You pay 25% of the balance off. You are not for trade in.
Example Two: You buy a Pixel 4a 5G and finance it through Affirm. You pay 80% of the phone off over six months. You have a remaining balance of 20%. You buy a Samsung S21. You finance it through Affirm. If you mail the Pixel 4a 5G in, the remaining 20% balance will be paid off (assuming the phone is in good condition, and returned within 14 days)
Does that help?