Do you have any of the new Pixel phones (the 4a 4a 4g, or the Pixel 5)

beav
Superuser
Superuser

Which one, how did you choose it, and are you happy with it?

I am looking at the 4a and the 4a 5G. I think getting a 5G phone at this time is mostly a waste of meny, and going the 4G route for at least the next year is fine, though I wanted to hear about your experiences.

Thanks in advance

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Subaru10000
Novice III

I've had them all.  4a 5g is my favorite.

The 5 and 4a 5g are quite similar.  Same processor, camera set up etc.  The 4a 5g has a slightly larger screen/body (which I like) and a headphone jack (yess!).  The 5 has the wireless charging and ip rating as well as a smaller chin.  Everyone offers lots of promos on the 4a 5g but very few on the 5.  I bought my 4a 5g for under $200.  You should be able to get it for $300 or so eg visible has it with a $200 mastercard back.  But the 5 is going to cost you double.  So I don't think the 5 is worth it unless you really must have the ip rating.  I get 5g on tmobile but not on visible yet but it is coming next month.  I think it is worth getting a 5g phone if you plan to keep it for a while but I wouldn't pay $100s extra for it.

As for the 4a you have a weaker processer (not by much though) and no ultra wide angle camera.  It is still a good phone but a step down.  No 5g either.  It just doesn't look as nice as the 4a 5g either with the pointless square camera with only one camera in it and the bezels feel bigger because the phone is smaller. But if you can get it much cheaper than the 4a 5g or if you must have the smaller phone it may be worth it.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

9erempire25
Novice II

I just picked up a 3a to test with Visible service. Working great so far if you don't care about 5g yet go with the 4a. You'll save money and can be found cheap on different websites

Subaru10000
Novice III

I've had them all.  4a 5g is my favorite.

The 5 and 4a 5g are quite similar.  Same processor, camera set up etc.  The 4a 5g has a slightly larger screen/body (which I like) and a headphone jack (yess!).  The 5 has the wireless charging and ip rating as well as a smaller chin.  Everyone offers lots of promos on the 4a 5g but very few on the 5.  I bought my 4a 5g for under $200.  You should be able to get it for $300 or so eg visible has it with a $200 mastercard back.  But the 5 is going to cost you double.  So I don't think the 5 is worth it unless you really must have the ip rating.  I get 5g on tmobile but not on visible yet but it is coming next month.  I think it is worth getting a 5g phone if you plan to keep it for a while but I wouldn't pay $100s extra for it.

As for the 4a you have a weaker processer (not by much though) and no ultra wide angle camera.  It is still a good phone but a step down.  No 5g either.  It just doesn't look as nice as the 4a 5g either with the pointless square camera with only one camera in it and the bezels feel bigger because the phone is smaller. But if you can get it much cheaper than the 4a 5g or if you must have the smaller phone it may be worth it.

Hope that helps

Solid info, thanks. 

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.