Multifactor Authentication

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as a heads up... as I was logging into my account this AM to pay my bill, it occurred to me what would have happened had I been unable to complete the login had I not been able to receive the now required SMS text code verification? Sorry, auto-pay is not a viable option for me - I'm old school and prefer manually authorizing payment.

Contacted Visible Care via Twitter and was actually surprised  to receive a response within 2 minutes.

What you need to do is: Contact Visible Care Via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or live chat on the website.

I wasn't having any problem but simply wanted to be prepared when the inevitable happens.

Visible probably needs to rethink this strategy and allow customers to select an alternate means to receive the verification text like sending to their registered email address also.

6 REPLIES 6

ZipperDrive
Novice III

I would recommend a much better 2FA solution such as approving login requests with the Visible application, using a FIDO Security Key, or TOTP (Google Authenticator/Authy). In this digital age with SIM swap/hijacking, we have to decrease our reliance on SMS OTP 

Unknown_Finding
Novice III

Hello,

Despite the 2FA stating they will send a text message. It actually in fact will send an email as well with the code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It didn't send one to my email of record. Like all things Visible it's apparently hit or miss, which is of course why I don't use auto-pay.

ZipperDrive
Novice III

Regardless. It's still not an excuse to resolve this weird issue.... which seems to carry over to when contacting support and trying to authenticate.

Airnell33
Novice

I agree, it needs to go or have a email option or the option to turn it off.  I had my account on auto pay and they terminated my service the day after taking my payment for the following month because my phone was no longer compatible with there service after being with them for 2 years on a iPhone 6s. No warning just a email after they took my payment and shut it off!  

SomebodyInGNV
Novice II

Late response: Visible forced this on my account. I did not get an email with the code but did get an acknowledgement that it was turned on. That email had a link to turn it off. When I clicked the link, the resulting web page said it can't be turned off. If it can't be turned off, why does Visible send the link?