WiFi Calling Problem

deputylynch
Novice

2 seconds ago

I've tried everything on two different phone lines with visible Wireless to get Wi-Fi calling to work properly.

It works fine when I'm at home on my own router but whenever I am outside of my house and try any hot spots or anybody else's Wi-Fi connection it will not work.

I get "Mobile network is not available. Connect to a wireless network to make a call." When I'm connected to a fully functioning Wi-Fi network.

I reset the phone, tried different phones but no matter what I try I have the same result.

I live in an area that is very spotty for anybody's cell phone coverage and that's why I was hoping to be able to use Wi-Fi calling.

5 REPLIES 5

JenJeninFL
Novice

I am new to visible and all my wifi calls are dropping.  I'm coming from Verizon and never had any problems with them.

QmB
Novice II

I also can't seem to use wifi calling when there is no cell reception.  

Kurdle
Novice

I've had my 5G phone about 6 weeks. If I have Wi-Fi enabled on my phone and I walk far enough outside the Wi-Fi signal, the phone won't switch to cell service. It just drops out. I have to reboot it to get it to re-attach to a cell tower. We do only have 4G in my city. My "solution" was to just turn off the Wi-Fi and run it totally from the 4G tower.    

Garybye
Novice

Similarly, my 5G Note 20 works on WiFi calling but wonโ€™t transfer to cell when I leave WiFi signal area. It then will not make or receive calls until I reboot. It is very frustrating.

Garybye
Novice

Similarly, I have a 5G Note 20. WiFi calling works. But when I leave WiFi reception area while on a call, phone does not transfer to cell and will not make or receive calls at all until I reboot the phone.