Bad time to port?

norm144
Novice

Interested in switching from Verizon, but from the posts, it seems like things are not going well lately. Is this a new development? Did Visible just rearrange their plans? Should I just wait a few weeks and check back later?

3 REPLIES 3

WoodyWoodPecker
Novice II

Some people using esims seem to have the problem fixed with an app update so the answer is it depends.

INXSible
Novice III

Do not port/switch to Visible.

In the meantime, keep reading the posts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a customer now for 15 months and so far I like the plan I am currently on. With that said I don't think I would recommend switching yet as the plans are changing and from what I have been reading there have been a lot of glitches and not just with eSims. I don't know what changes they are making to the system besides two different plans and the cost of each and dumping Party Pay. I found out yesterday that my Motorola G Power(2021) that I bought from Visible shows it is not compatible with the new plans. Don't know why since it is currently working. You might want to wait until after January when we are all switched over, they might have all the bugs worked out by then. I will point out that lately customer service is bad. You can't get a hold on chat and I tried Facebook Messenger and now Twitter and not sure how long that will take. I tried yesterday and after 20 minutes I never even got a count down clock and have read 1-2 hours wait it the norm. I don't have that kind of patience.