Oops, new eSIM order won't work on this device...iPhone 14 Pro Max Ordered through Visible

gkagan14
Novice II

Ordered new iPhone 14 Pro Max through Visible. Plan was purchased, tried to download the eSim, and receive error, "Oops, new eSim order won't work on this Device. Please contact customer care."

I contacted support, gave them my IMEI's, have rebooted, reset network settings, uninstalled the app numerous times.

What is the fix for this?

If don't get a resolution soon, most likely have to initiate a return of the phone since I can't activate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Do you think that maybe ios 16.1 beta could fix the problem?

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

DarkShine
Novice

I am having the same issue and visible stated over the chat that the issue is from Apple side. As per the chat agent, the Apple is working on resolving this issue but I'm confused for how long I will have to wait to get my visible service activated. It is so frustrating that I can not talk to a person at visible over the phone and only option is to chat with them which takes hours to actually chat to a real person. 

DarkShine
Novice

I am having the same issue and got a hold a chat agent after waiting in line for hours and he stated that the issue is from the Apple side.

Don't know how long will it take to get it resolved, but this is so frustrating....

Idk, if choosing visible over FI was a wise decision or not especially when you have to deal with this kind of issue at the first impression. LOL

charlottegale
Novice II

The new iOS 16.0.3 has caused this problem. They are working with Apple now and there will have to be another iOS software update pushed out in order to correct this.

I'll believe it when I see it. No communication from Visible. Already charged us, and just expect us to sit and wait.

Yeah same here. I just checked and the iOS update was pushed out 8 days ago, so if this is related to that it's been going on a ridiculous amount of time for people to not have a phone.

Do you think that maybe ios 16.1 beta could fix the problem?

I would try the force reset 1st

Visible customer service sent me an email saying that this wouldn't be fixed until the next apple update 16.1. The beta currently available is 16.1 RC, which means it is the same release that will go live for the world next week.

Trickortrash
Novice

I am having the exact same issue. Support has stated they have escalated the issue but I have heard nothing and there is no estimated time of resolution. 

Update: itโ€™s not an Apple problem. At least not in the since that the latest update to Apple is the only solution. I went into the chat and they redownloaded my IMEI. The rep wasnโ€™t particularly nice, but she knew exactly what she was doing. She told me they had tried to reset my IMEI once before, so this may take multiple attempts but I have service now and that was all I wanted. 

Sam1420
Novice II

I also received this problem. Visible says to contact apple for help on this.

DarkShine
Novice

I had again reached out to them via chat and they said my issue has been marked as critical priority for their network tech to look at it but have not heard anything from them yet and its been 4 hours already the last time I contacted them. I have also been charged already. 

Aussieone
Novice II

Having the same issue I think,  I have IP14 max and  was having issues connecting an ultra to the account/phone the phone was working fine until the rep played with the esim now no service 

Aussieone
Novice II

Something to try if havenโ€™t yet, that just got me past the oops stageโ€ฆ..try a forced restart on the iPhone, itโ€™s like a hard reset wonโ€™t change any settings just โ€œcleans upโ€ the firmware 

https://youtu.be/kTDjz-rcX3k

THIS ONE. IT ACTUALLY WORKED. TY WHOEVER YOU ARE. You just saved me from such a hassle.

omgโ€ฆthis worked for me too. im so happy 

gkagan14
Novice II

Updated to iOS 16.1 beta RC....as soon as opened up Visible app, it downloaded and activated eSIM in 2 min!

DarkShine
Novice

The force restart worked for me as well. Thanks @Aussieone 

emily98
Novice

I had this issue as well, did a force restart as suggested, and fully deleted any eSIMs. Signed out and signed back into Visible, activated a new eSIM, and it seems to be working. Phone is on iOS 16.1, and is i14PM.

SGravatt
Novice

Same issue and returned the phone!!!! No fix per Visible.