Port out fraud

thesishalibut
Novice

Please help. My number seems to have been ported out without my action. Support says it's a system glitch and placating me. I've been without my number and without service since Saturday. Case reference #***** "Phone Number Retrieval Issue" 

2 REPLIES 2

jo9x92n0
Novice III

Yikes! Sounds like a frustrating situation with your phone number and service. While support says it's a system glitch, I know that doesn't solve your immediate problem. Porting issues can be complex, but they shouldn't leave you without service for days

Here are a few suggestions that may help:

1. Ask support to escalate your case to a higher tier technician. Sometimes the front-line agents don't have full visibility into porting problems.
  2. Request that they initiate an emergency port-in if possible. This can sometimes expedite the process.
  3. Ask Visible if they can provide a temporary number while they sort out your porting issue.

My number has been with Visible. The Visible app showed a different number on Saturday, and Monday I received an email from visible @ mail.visible.com that my number was being replaced. Iโ€™ve been without service and my number since. The effect of this is similar to this incident involving the same company now called Visible https://www.tomsguide.com/news/tracfone-mass-port-out-number-theft
Support says itโ€™s been raised to the next level and that I should continue to wait.