Port out fraud

thesishalibut
Novice

Please help. My number seems to have been ported out without my action. Support says it's a system glitch and placating me. I've been without my number and without service since Saturday. Case reference #***** "Phone Number Retrieval Issue" 

2 REPLIES 2

jo9x92n0
Novice III

Yikes! Sounds like a frustrating situation with your phone number and service. While support says it's a system glitch, I know that doesn't solve your immediate problem. Porting issues can be complex, but they shouldn't leave you without service for days

Here are a few suggestions that may help:

1. Ask support to escalate your case to a higher tier technician. Sometimes the front-line agents don't have full visibility into porting problems.
  2. Request that they initiate an emergency port-in if possible. This can sometimes expedite the process.
  3. Ask Visible if they can provide a temporary number while they sort out your porting issue.

My number has been with Visible. The Visible app showed a different number on Saturday, and Monday I received an email from visible @ mail.visible.com that my number was being replaced. I’ve been without service and my number since. The effect of this is similar to this incident involving the same company now called Visible https://www.tomsguide.com/news/tracfone-mass-port-out-number-theft
Support says it’s been raised to the next level and that I should continue to wait.