Samsung Galaxy S9+ No Network Connection

rmccomiskie
Novice II

I used my S9+ to activate my SIM 3 months ago. I haven't used it in a while. Now it has 'No Network Connection'. Good signal in my area (-67dBm).

From Network Signal Info app:

- Net operator: 'Searching for Service/Verizon Wireless'

- SIM operator: 'Visible'

- Net strength: '-67dBm'

- Data state: 'Disconnected'

- External IP: 'Can not get external IP'.

Spent time on Visible Chat. Went through all diagnostics and recommended changes. Still no network. Chat opened Ticket 02289815 and said I would be contacted by email and phone (adifferent phone) within 48 hours. It's been 3 days and no contact.

I'm leaving in 2 weeks for vacation. It sure would be nice to have this phone working before then.

How can I contact Visible Tech Support about Ticket 02289815?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rmccomiskie
Novice II

SOLUTION FOUND!. It may not be acceptable to all though. I did a factory reset through Android (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaBy-w4XRfo). That reset clears all data and removes all apps. So pretty much starting from scratch. Before, resetting, I made a note of all the apps I use regularly so I could reinstall them.

After the reset, the S9+ immediately connected to the Visible network and everything seemed to work normally. I'm happy to have a working phone again. It's too bad I had to take such drastic action to get there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rmccomiskie
Novice II

BTW: My Visible SIM works just fine my Novatel MiFi 7000 hotspot. It connects to the network and downloads data.

rmccomiskie
Novice II

SOLUTION FOUND!. It may not be acceptable to all though. I did a factory reset through Android (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaBy-w4XRfo). That reset clears all data and removes all apps. So pretty much starting from scratch. Before, resetting, I made a note of all the apps I use regularly so I could reinstall them.

After the reset, the S9+ immediately connected to the Visible network and everything seemed to work normally. I'm happy to have a working phone again. It's too bad I had to take such drastic action to get there.