Suddenly, no data

Mandaliet
Novice

Yesterday I woke up to discover that data had stopped working on my phone. Everything looked fine, but when I tried to use the Internet, it wouldn't work. I don't think anything changed with my phone.

Calls and texts work fine though. In fact, they seem to be working better than before, and I'm getting a better signal. I wonder if something with the cell towers changed.

Things I've tried:

• Toggle airplane mode
  • Restart phone
  • Turn phone off and wait a while
  • Reset wireless settings
  • Remove SIM card, replace with old SIM card, wait a while, put new SIM card back in
  • Check Access Point Name (it says vzwinternet like it's supposed to; everything else is grayed out)

My phone: moto one 5G UW ace 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mandaliet
Novice

All better now.

I chatted with customer service yesterday. I was avoiding it because I'd heard of people's bad experiences, but it went fine for me.

The guy I talked to said he knew what to do, and he'd have my data reset. It was supposed to take 30 to 45 minutes, after which I just had to power cycle my phone. Well, nothing happened the rest of the day. I kept turning my phone off and on and there was still no data. Then I woke up this morning and checked my phone, and the data was working! Hooray.

I guess it took them a lot longer than they expected, or maybe that wasn't the issue at all and it was something else that got fixed on its own. Either way, I'm glad I have data again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

georgeb
Intermediate II

I'm sorry it happened to you. You might want to chat with the Care team for a SIM reprovision.

I havw attempted to contact the "Care Team" 3 times so far today.  Every time I eventually get disconnected from the wait queue and have to start over.  Very frustrating.

Mandaliet
Novice

All better now.

I chatted with customer service yesterday. I was avoiding it because I'd heard of people's bad experiences, but it went fine for me.

The guy I talked to said he knew what to do, and he'd have my data reset. It was supposed to take 30 to 45 minutes, after which I just had to power cycle my phone. Well, nothing happened the rest of the day. I kept turning my phone off and on and there was still no data. Then I woke up this morning and checked my phone, and the data was working! Hooray.

I guess it took them a lot longer than they expected, or maybe that wasn't the issue at all and it was something else that got fixed on its own. Either way, I'm glad I have data again.

Thank you for sharing! I'm experiencing the same thing! I'll call customer service.

Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm dealing with the same issue with my phone.

Thank you! I guess Iโ€™ll try to reach out to them because I got the same thing on my iphone 12. Iโ€™m even on the pro service. I have two lines on the regular Visible service and my husbands is on that as well they are all working normally but this one Iโ€™m paying almost double the price for, nadda! Calls and sms texts fine but absolutely zero data