Upgrade not going well

diverdon55
Novice

New sim card won't work in mt Samsung S21 .. I think it's maybe because I don't use or have wi fi  ..barely know what it is ..do I need to go somewhere that has free wifi to do the upgrade ? Had to put the old sim card back in to get the phone to work ..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

The new SIM needs to be activated in order to work. You need the app to activate the new SIM and you need to be on wi-fi to do that. If you don't have wi-fi you will need to ask a neighbor, friend or find a free wi-fi hotspot such as a library.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

The new SIM needs to be activated in order to work. You need the app to activate the new SIM and you need to be on wi-fi to do that. If you don't have wi-fi you will need to ask a neighbor, friend or find a free wi-fi hotspot such as a library.

Have a second account with Visible and I can't activate cause the new SIM was already upgraded to the new plan: Visible+ on my lost phone the z4 Motorola and it was active but had Google location service on and must have fell out of my pocket at the store.. used find device with Google and the last known location was 2 tenths of a mile away from the store in a direction that was opposite of where I come from and headed to my destination. Being active I had Google to secure then I had my data on the z4 erased set to factory condition. Ordered replacement SIM Card 02Sept23 received by FedEx Delivery the 05Sept23 at 1:30pm and I get to the 3rd step to verify my identity and # using the WiFi off my other Visible Wireless account.. Sends Verification Text to my # but I don't get it on the new SIM replacement card and seems to think I need to upgrade again. Already had v.. Where is the verification text going . Customer care can't fix it . Over and over IMEI , SIM CARD # , Verify email over and over.. reset to factory.. Loop is correctb. Apologies but nothing works so I cut off auto pay and cancelled my service and ported out . Have till to 20Sept23 then I can't stop the cancellation . Being I couldn't get the phone activate the SIM. I hadn't intended to upgrade my other Visible account.. Cancelled auto pay on the account and service end date is 27Sept23 . So I gave up on my original account activation.. and guess it's over with Visible Wireless. I'm a Senior Citizen. I give up.