Voicemail Mailbox Number?

pbdickey
Novice
I'm getting "welcome to the message management system, please enter your mailbox number" when I try to setup my voicemail on my iPhone. Anyone know how to get past this?

43 REPLIES 43

aod777
Novice

I also have this issue.  Nobody at visible is answering chats

aod777
Novice

I am also having this issue.  Visible is not answering chat messages.

svander116
Novice

I have been having the same issue, I have no idea what my mailbox number is, they do not seem to give you that information, nor do they offer a phone number to reach them and getting through on the chat is virtually impossible, I have tried several times with no success. I am starting to think my old provider wasnโ€™t so bad after all.

Fredo
Novice II

I am also having this issue.  Visible is not answering chat messages.

Fredo
Novice II

Attempted to contact support via chat for this issue....kicked out of chat for the third time.

Neil
Novice

Same problem here. And repeatedly getting logged out of the Visible help chat while waiting for an agent to help troubleshoot.

Visible - there are tons of reports of this issue all over the internet. If you're expecting us to fix our own problems, please address it in your help docs! How/where do we find our mailbox number??

A follow-up to my earlier post. I reached out to Visible via a Twitter DM (@visiblecare). It took days for them to respond, and some back and forth, but today I finally had a DM convo with an agent who was able to resolve the problem. They tried multiple steps but in the end it was a "reset" of my voicemail on their end that turned my CALL VOICEMAIL button into a SET UP button, which allowed me to set up my voicemail password and outgoing message.

After the exchange Visible sent me a link to a survey, in which I mentioned how frustrating this was and suggested that since so many people have this same problem, they should address it in their support docs. If you go through the same process, I suggest you fill out the survey and request the same. Maybe someone will get the message. As a new Visible customer, I want the company to succeed.

So rediculous. Finally got through to their chat support (after trying 4 times), they ended up removing and re-adding my eSIM. THIS DID NOT WORK. I told the rep I read online I need a voicemail "reset", they didn't listen obviously. Waiting in the line again for chat support.

So rediculous. Finally got through to their chat support (after trying 4 times), they ended up removing and re-adding my eSIM. THIS DID NOT WORK. I told the rep I read online I need a voicemail "reset", they didn't listen obviously. Waiting in the line again

even twitter doesn't work

jamie2221980
Novice

I am also having this same issue and no help at this point I don't even think there is a customer service chat!

LDickenson13
Novice II

I'm in the same exact boat. Feeling pretty discouraged.

austin94again
Novice II

Iโ€™m having the same problem. Switched from Verizon to Visible by Verizon a couple weeks ago after purchasing new iPhone. Pleased with the carrier except for this issue. 

Update - on Tuesday I messaged Visible via Facebook and two days later an agent messaged me via Facebook; the issue is now solved on my end. I shared the URL to this thread with the agent and mentioned that the solution appears be be a voicemail reset on Visible's end. The agent asked if we could try another solution first and I said that's fine. I have an iPhone and they asked which OS I'm using; the agent then had me install the latest version, which was a little time consuming (iPhone users may wish to have version 16.0 installed before chatting with an agent). When that didn't solve the issue the agent reset my voicemail and that did the trick. Like @Neil  mentioned, I was presented a survey after the chat and I shared the following feedback: 1) Visible's Chat via the app is a source of frustration; getting in touch with support is more difficult than necessary, 2) Others are experiencing the same issue as me; I shared a URL to this thread, 3) the agent I chatted with (who resolved the issue for me) was helpful and friendly. Good luck to others

Hello,  I am having the same issue and started a chat several times but they never respond. I am now on Facebook trying to do the same as you did but there are tons of groups and I have no idea where to go. Please, what is the title of the group you went? I really need this issue to be fixed as soon as possible.

Hi There - Totally understand your frustration. Hang in, this issue is fixable. Once you're logged into Facebook, look for the box (upper-right corner on a laptop) that says "Search Facebook". Type in "Visible". This will bring you to the @visiblemobile page. You can tell because there's the logo (a blue circle with "v's'ble" inside) and on the top there's a "#ProudlyVisible" graphic. One on this page click the "message" button and insert your message. I heard back from them two days later via the Facebook message feature (they messaged me when I was logged in). Let me know if you have any trouble and I'll try to assist you

Following is the message I sent Visible via Facebook message: 

I'm a Visible customer that needs to please speak with a representative who can reset my voicemail. Currently, my voicemail is unusable because it's prompting callers and me for a mailbox number. The solution according to someone in the Community (Re: Voicemail Mailbox Number?) is to have a representative at Visible reset my mailbox. I tried Chat (via the app) a few times but it timed out. Please reset my voicemail; my phone number and name are as follows - xxx-xxx-xxxx, [name]. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Thanks for the FB info sent a message asking for a voice mail reset and got a response within minutes. Got it fixed just as fast!

Hwllo Austin, I just could take care of this problem and I thank you so very much for your precious help. I found the right place and just left a message. Hopefully, they will respond soon and resolve the issue once for all. Thank you again undefinitely Austin, you are like a life saver!!!! I will let you know of course the outcome. Take care and enjoy the weekend.

Austin, you are awesome! They resolved the issue a few seconds ago. Without your help, I would have lost total faith in Visible. Thank you again thousand times. If I can help someone else, I will refer this person to you or will transmit your advise to others mentionning you as a reference.

Excellent! So glad to hear that @Eknerolf. Helping/supporting one another is the right thing to do. A pleasure on my part.  

Thank you for your kind note and Best wishes. 

I have the same issue and started several chats but they never respond. I am now on Facebook to do what you did but there are too many groups and I have no idea what group to went to post your complain. I really need the issue to fixed. Please, can you help me?

I am extremely upset. Since I switched from Verizon to Visible, no-one can leave a voicemail. They are constantly asked to leave a mailbox number. What the heck is that? I called myself from my husband cell and same thing. I entered my phone number, invalid number. I found out that Visible must reset the mailbox in order to fix the issue. I tried several times to start a chat on Visible website, I am each time kicked out of the chat. What kind of customer support is that? Some could reach a DM, i have no clue what that means. On Facebook, I have no clue where to post my complain. There are too many groups to join. I am really frustrated because other than that, I am pretty happy with the overall service. I am tempted to make a Youtube video to warn all cellphone users about that particular issue with that company.

MichaelB
Novice

Yep, like you all, have the same issue.  Have no idea what my mailbox number is.  Not sure even how many digits....is it four, six, eight, etc.  No clue and can't find customer service!

rjb2104
Novice II

Yep.  Same problem here.  Beginning to think the only way to fix this is to switch carriers. 

Squirrel
Novice

Same problem. No solutions given. No idea how to get help. Really regretting signing up for Visible by Verizon. Do we need to take this public as warning to potential customers ?

rjb2104
Novice II

Finally fixed this issue.  Used twitter to contact support.  Use DM.  It took them almost 3 days to reply, but once they reply they respond fairly quickly.  The solution was to have them reset your voicemail on their end, you power down and then power it on again.  You then have to setup your voicemail and it works again.

Appreciate this tip. Just messaged Visible support via Facebook explaining the issue and asking that they contact me about resetting my voicemail. Hopefully I hear back within a few days or so. Glad to know there's a solution out there. 

rkrugman
Novice

VISIBLE SUPPORT IS INVISIBLE. A TRIVIAL ISSUE LIKE SETTING UP VOICEMAIL SHOULD BE POSTED ALL OVER "INVISIBLE". POSSIBLY THIS IS WHY THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS RATED AS ONE OF THE LOWEST IN THE INDUSTRY. WE ARE GETTING WHAT WE PAY FOR...CHEAP CELL SERVICE, INVISIBLE SUPPORT. I WOULD RATHER PAY $100 TO VERIZON THAN $30 TO INVISIBLE AND GO THROUGH THE FRUSTRATION OF THE PAST WEEK....WITH ZERO SUPPORT!!! INVISIBLE HAS BEEN A GREAT VERIZON EXPERIMENT, BUT THEY SHOULD CAN IT AND RESTORE THEIR REPUTATION.

hienqnguyen
Novice

I also have the same issue and contacted Twitter @visiblecare using DM.  I referenced this thread and they reset my vmail box in the same day.  https://twitter.com/visiblecare.  It seems this is a better way than chat.

Zip
Novice

I had the same voicemail issue, "welcome to the message management system, please enter your mailbox number"  I waited forever in the chat for help just to get kicked out.

The second try was a success. They must have caught on by now to this recurring problem.  When starting a chat with the bot assistant I chose voicemail problems. It offered to reconfigure my voicemail. It works perfectly now. ๐Ÿ˜„

I'm glad the "bot" knows how to do this because a Live Agent does not. I am going to check it out and see if it works.

It worked perfectly.  The BOT knows the Live Agents have zero training on this issue. Thanks for the Feed!

christopherk
Novice

Just to confirm for everyone, the Chat Bot (https://www.visible.com/help/connect) can successfully reset your voicemail.  I've had my Visible phone for months now and never bothered to set it up (and also didn't happen to know my "mailbox number").  I posted a request in the chat to reset my voicemail, chose the "Problems with Voicemail" option and, after it texted a one-time code, the Bot initiated a "voicemail re-provisioning process" that worked perfectly!  Took all of 5 minutes and I now have voicemail!

Note If you click โ€˜Voicemail setupโ€™ instead of โ€˜Problems with Voicemailโ€™, the chatbot isnโ€™t smart enough to figure out that it needs to reprovision your email. I missed Christopherโ€™s post and spent a frustrating 15 minutes finding the right path. In the end, I did not have to wait for a human being, though. This is definitely the way to goโ€ฆ

christopherk
Novice

The CHAT BOT (https://www.visible.com/help/connect) can absolutely reset your voicemail if you're getting the "voicemail mailbox number" prompt.  I requested it to reset my voicemail, chose the "Problems with Voicemail" option, confirmed the one-time passcode texted to my phone, and then it initiated a "voicemail re-provisioning process" that reset my voicemail.  Took all of 5 minutes.  I then held down "1" on my phone and it walked me through the voicemail configuration process.  ๐Ÿ™‚

kungfuzulu
Novice

I had the same issue and, like many others, solved it by chatting with support for 30 minutes, going through every step twice and, eventually, they do something at their end and you turn off the phone for at least 60 seconds then restart it.

PS. Makes life easier if you can do the chat on a different device from the phone you're trying to fix.

khaslam36
Novice

I had this same issue and thanks to this thread contacted Visible through chat and just put in voicemail issue and it prompted me with voicemail issue buttons and I selected other problem and it 're-provisioned" it (i believe that was the word the bot used) and it took like a minute for the whole conversation. Never had to deal with an actual person and now I have a vm again. Maybe they're actually listening and have updated recently?

khaslam36
Novice

I just experienced the same issue and was able to chat on the computer with the bot and just wrote that I was having issues with my voicemail and it gave prompts for voicemail issues and I selected "other issues" and it "re-provisioned" my voicemail. I force closed the phone app and re-opened it and it had setup listed instead of call voicemail. Whole process maybe took 2 minutes.

Maybe they are listening?