can I use my current sim to activate new pixel 7?

vandamage
Novice III

Im a current visible customer with a pixel 3xl and just bought a pixel 7 pro. Was hoping for a smooth activation with esim but apparently Visible isnt equipped to take advantage of this feature yet. So I tried to order a sim last night but was told that 1) I can use my old sim and 2) that if I did order a new sim they would immediately deactivate my current one. 

But this morning Im seeing a ton of posts of mad people on reddit who could not use esim activation and are now without phone service because they ordered a new sim.

So now im worried if I can actually use my old sim...

So my question is has anybody with a pixel 7 actually used their old sim to get up and running?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

INXSible
Novice III

Personally, not with Pixel 7 Pro, but with other Android devices and it worked without problems.

I suggest you to try it. If it doesn't work, just pop in the SIM card back on the original phone.

Hopefully, activation of eSIM on Android devices will work by 2023.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

INXSible
Novice III

Personally, not with Pixel 7 Pro, but with other Android devices and it worked without problems.

I suggest you to try it. If it doesn't work, just pop in the SIM card back on the original phone.

Hopefully, activation of eSIM on Android devices will work by 2023.

worked out just fine! I used the usb transfer setup then updated everything before turning off both phones. I took the sim out of the old phone and popped it in the 7 pro. After powering back up I signed into the visible app and done!

I agree.  Bought Pixel 7 from Google and took the sim from my Pixel 3aXl and put it in the 7.  All is well.  No issues.